Author Topic: South-Central District Meet Fayetteville, ArK. on November 4 & 5, 2017  (Read 3441 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
  The South-Central district meet was set for the HOTO poultry show in Fayetteville, ARK. at our South-Central District meeting in Shawnee, OK. last Dec.  We can and will have a good Ameraucana meet if Ameraucana breeders will support the show, which is November 4th & 5th, 2017.  The district meets should be the prominent show for each district, with the exception of the districts hosting our national meet, which should be the top Ameraucana event in the U.S.

There has been some incorrect info spread about hotel availability.  I asked Jacob for hotels available and prices.  He sent me to Bentonville, ARK.-google hotels.  I was surprised to see that according to the internet, Bentonville, has 92 hotels!  Presently the cheapest I found was Home Towne Suites.  Friday and Saturday night for 2 nights for 2 adults is only $89 for both nights-$45/night.  Days Inn has two nights for $102-$51/night.  Some go into the $300's for 2 nights $150/night.  If you are planning on showing at the ABC South-Central District meet you need to book a room ASAP to get a reduced rate as they are in high demand.
Paul Smith

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
  The South-Central district meet was set for the HOTO poultry show in Fayetteville, ARK. at our South-Central District meeting in Shawnee, OK. last Dec.  We can and will have a good Ameraucana meet if Ameraucana breeders will support the show, which is November 4th & 5th, 2017.  The district meets should be the prominent show for each district, with the exception of the districts hosting our national meet, which should be the top Ameraucana event in the U.S.

There has been some incorrect info spread about hotel availability.  I asked Jacob for hotels available and prices.  He sent me to Bentonville, ARK.-google hotels.  I was surprised to see that according to the internet, Bentonville, has 92 hotels!  Presently the cheapest I found was Home Towne Suites.  Friday and Saturday night for 2 nights for 2 adults is only $89 for both nights-$45/night.  Days Inn has two nights for $102-$51/night.  Some go into the $300's for 2 nights $150/night.  If you are planning on showing at the ABC South-Central District meet you need to book a room ASAP to get a reduced rate as they are in high demand.

Hi Paul,

How are the south central district meets selected each year? Any chance that we could make the Dixie Classic show in Knoxville, Tn the district meet at some time or another? Have a good week.
Joshua 24:15

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
  According to ABC policy the district director is suppose to select a show in his/her district for the district meet each year.  Supposedly in an area where it will be well attended.  The district meet should be the top Ameraucana show for the district with the exception of the district that is hosting the national meet.  The national meet should be the top Ameraucana show of the year.

Since the South Central district now has several ABC members who show at its district meet, it is decided at our district meeting.  We discuss fall shows within the district that the group would like to have as our district meet.  Then the group votes on which show they want to be our district meet.  Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and Alabama have recently been added to the SC district.  Yes, Knoxville, TN. is a candidate to host our SC district meet.  Our 2018 district meet will be the national APA special held at Shawnee, OK. On November 17th & 18th, 2018.  ABC members attending our SC district meeting at Fayetteville, ARK. On Nov. 4th & 5th, 2017 will need to decide on an alternate show for our 2018 district meet, in the event the ABC board decides that the APA national show in Shawnee, needs to be the ABC national.  I’ll bring up Knoxville, TN. as one of our shows to consider for our district meet.

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
  According to ABC policy the district director is suppose to select a show in his/her district for the district meet each year.  Supposedly in an area where it will be well attended.  The district meet should be the top Ameraucana show for the district with the exception of the district that is hosting the national meet.  The national meet should be the top Ameraucana show of the year.

Since the South Central district now has several ABC members who show at its district meet, it is decided at our district meeting.  We discuss fall shows within the district that the group would like to have as our district meet.  Then the group votes on which show they want to be our district meet.  Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and Alabama have recently been added to the SC district.  Yes, Knoxville, TN. is a candidate to host our SC district meet.  Our 2018 district meet will be the national APA special held at Shawnee, OK. On November 17th & 18th, 2018.  ABC members attending our SC district meeting at Fayetteville, ARK. On Nov. 4th & 5th, 2017 will need to decide on an alternate show for our 2018 district meet, in the event the ABC board decides that the APA national show in Shawnee, needs to be the ABC national.  I’ll bring up Knoxville, TN. as one of our shows to consider for our district meet.

Paul Smith

Thank you for explaining to me how the process works. I will try to work out a way to attend the district meets in the future. It has been hard to travel with our six year old twins and our two year old. As they get older it will get easier to travel farther distances, although I'm not wishing this phase of life away. Our hands are full but so are our hearts.  :)
Joshua 24:15