Author Topic: 2017 ABC National Auction with On-site and Off-site bidding  (Read 6127 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
This was so successful last year, we're doing it again this year!

The Countdown Begins!
The 2017 ABC National Silent Auction is coming soon

How it works - This is a sealed bid auction, which means that no one knows who has bid what until the auction is over. Some items are for onsite bidding only, which means you must be present at the site to bid, the items are present at the show, and you will be able to take your winning items home with you. For all live birds, they are also entered in the competition and can be moved once judging is over.

Items present at the show - onsite bidding only:

• 96 egg capacity led digital display incubator with digital display for temperature, humidity, and approx. hatch date. Turns eggs every 2 hrs. suggested retail $139.99  starting bid $25

• 2 scented wax rooster candles approx. 7" tall. 1 Red and 1 Brown. 1 bid for both. Suggested retail $8.99 each starting bid $4.00

Much more to come...

We will also have several items on which we are opening off-site bidding. These can be bid on by those present at the show, too, and are also sealed bids, so no one will know who has bid how much until the auction ends. You can bid as many times as you want. While onsite bidders will have up until the auction ends to enter a bid, offsite bidders must submit their bids to info@ameraucanabreedersclub.org by Friday, Oct 27th at 5PM EST. Send your bid with the following in the subject line: "Silent Auction Bid", and please include your name, street address, city/state/zip, and phone number, along with the item you are bidding on and the amount of your bid in the body of the email.

You must be a resident of the continental US for any items requiring shipment, or make arrangements for items to be shipped to a US address! No out of country shipping on any of these items. Shipping will begin in the Spring 2018, and the ABC will assist in coordinating the communication between the winning bidder and the donor of the items. You do not need to be a member of the ABC to bid!

In the case of more than one bid having the same amount and being the highest bid, those bids with the highest bid on them will be folded up, put back in the envelope, and one bid will be drawn. So, for example, three people bid $50 on the same item and $50 is the highest bid on that item. Those three bids are folded up - so no one can see the names - and placed back into the envelope. Gordon Gilliam, or his appointed representative, will draw one of those bids and that becomes the winning bid.

All onsite winning bids must be completed and paid for before removing the items. All offsite winning bids will be notified by email and invoiced via Paypal the week following the National Meet.

All proceeds from this Silent Auction are used for next year's National Meet.

If you would like to donate an item for either the onsite or offsite auction, please send me an email to info@ameraucanabreedersclub.org.  Feel free to include pictures of what you're donating, or pictures of parents of future chicks/eggs.

You can also donate to the trophy fund for the 2017 National here
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:33:59 AM by Susan Mouw »
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 ABC National Auction with On-site and Off-site bidding
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 02:47:18 PM »
Gordon,  I hope the auction and awards are coming together.  There are about 4 months until the show. Still time to let others get involved in either or both of these efforts.  Do you have a list of the auction and awards to keep everyone informed? 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 03:49:34 PM »
Don, so far the two items above are the only silent auction items actually received. I have some more that will be listed in a couple of weeks upon receipt. There have been 3 donations to the trophy fund. We sure could use donations for onsite ad especially off site donations (no offsite donations received yet). Come on ABC members, surely some of you have some eggs or unclaimed chicks available for bidding on for the ABC National Show with shipment in spring of 2018. You can either contact myself at dudesfriendgordon@yahoo.com or Susan after her family visit from Denver has passed.
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 07:47:11 PM »
I will probably have a trio of either blues or blacks to donate at the show for the on-site auction and I will do the same as I did last year for the off-site - one dozen black Ameraucana eggs. (Actually, what the winning bidder last year got was 10 chicks instead of eggs).
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 09:39:38 PM »
THANK YOU Susan! Any other ABC Members in a donating mood?
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 08:20:38 AM »
What do you think about purchasing a Dickies cabinet incubator and auctioning or raffling it for the National?  We might be able to have the award period extend to the show in Tenn to give more people time to get involved?

I've heard that he also makes some nice brooder boxes.  They are not listed on the website but Jeff Vance bought an few and I think liked them.  This would be a less expensive initial investment for the club?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 08:24:28 AM by Don »
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 09:56:06 AM »
Jeff, do you have any info on the brooder boxes that you could share with us on the ABC Forum? Any photos? Pricing? Specifications? Reviews? Etc.
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 07:43:15 PM »
I see someone has been very busy in the ABC store. :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 10:29:29 AM »
The list of items for the 2017 National Silent Auction is growing!
  • 96 egg capacity led digital display incubator with digital display for temperature, humidity, and approx. hatch date. Turns eggs every 2 hrs. suggested retail $139.99  starting bid $25
  • 2 scented wax rooster candles approx. 7" tall. 1 Red and 1 Brown. 1 bid for both. Suggested retail $8.99 each starting bid $4.00
  • Bella Canvas Baseball Jersey tee -  white/canvas red XLG - Starting Bid - $10
  • Canvas Tote Bag - Starting Bid - $10
  • Trio of Chicken Flower Planters - Starting Bid - $15
  • Ladies Crew Neck Tee in Helicania, Lg - Starting Bid - $10.png
  • Mens Navy Blue Tee, Lg - Starting Bid - $10
  • Men's Polo in Maroon, XLG - Starting Bid - $10
  • Trio of either Blue or Black Started Ameraucanas (to be determined prior to show), by Susan Mouw - Starting Bid - $25

Items 1 - 8 all donated by Gordon Gilliam!

These are just the items that will be onsite!  More to come for the onsite auction, as well as the onsite/offsite portion.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 12:57:15 PM »
Thank you Susan for posting the Silent Auction pictures and specs. Readers won't get neck cramps now trying to look at sideways and upside down pictures. It looks like you have been busy posting past show results today. You are underpaid! As for myself and others in the club our warmest thank you for all that you contribute with your expertise in the running of the club info and keeping members up to date!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:43:52 PM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 06:07:48 AM »
I will be donating a Pair of Self-Blue Bantams for the on-site auction. Will need to get a picture of them today