Author Topic: Breeders Directory and new ABC classified site  (Read 3251 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Breeders Directory and new ABC classified site
« on: June 28, 2017, 06:30:19 PM »
We're not quite there yet, but I'm working on the customization for the new ABC classified ads site.

One of the really nice feature of the new site will be member/breeder's listings, with assigned pages for each.  This is a searchable feature, so anyone can search the site for who has what varieties and, if they so choose, restrict it within a geographical area - eg. someone who has buffs within 200 miles of me.

One of the nicest things about that is that members can update their listings themselves, instead of waiting on me to upload a new directory (a time consuming task).  This feature will replace the current breeder's directory listing with a much nicer, almost website-like, interface for member/breeders to use.  They can put their logos in their ads, link to websites, email, even Facebook pages.

And the best thing?  It's still free to members!

There are a lot more features in this easy to use ad site, but I won't let the whole cat out of the bag until all the customization and testing is complete. :)

If you're waiting for a change to your breeder's directory listing, just hang on a bit. :)  The new site will have all the latest information and you will be able to make changes as needed, whenever you want.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Breeders Directory and new ABC classified site
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 12:33:22 PM »
This sounds great. So many great features! Thanks for doing this.
Joshua 24:15

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: Breeders Directory and new ABC classified site
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 01:39:57 PM »
This has been put on the back burner until everything else is caught up.  Sorry for the delay, folks - looks like this will be a Spring 2018 project to finish.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com