The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Housing, Health & Hatching

A Hard Lesson on Biosecurity

<< < (2/2)

Lindsay Helton:
I am sorry to hear this Max. I am sure that your presence will be missed at the fall and winter shows. Due to NPIP precautions and biosecurity measures in place, I no longer offer tours of our farm to the public. There were several AI scares in nearby counties last year. Best of luck to you, and we will look forward to seeing you rebound from this.

Max:
Thanks everyone for your support. It's not the end of the world. It's just extremely inconvenient. It does however, give me the opportunity to make some improvements to my setup. It's hard to move pens when they are all full of birds. I plan to install an automatic watering system. Getting tired of hauling water every day...

Don:
Max,  I am glad you able to maintain a Good Attitude toward this whole situation.  I am not sure I could have handled it quite so well.  I applaud you for that.  I know it has not been easy and sure that it has been a roller coaster of emotions.  A fresh start always presents new opportunity for sure.  And you seeing it as such will present you with a chance to implement what you've learned these past few years.

I would be interested in hearing what new perspective and changes as you go about breeding anew.  And I would be most interested in what you learn and decide to include in your new vaccination process.  I know Paul has worked on this for many seasons and am sure he can provide all of us with a leg up on this process.  Anything that you learn and care to share will help others as they decide how to plan a program for their own flocks in the future.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version