The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > 2017 ABC Nationals Hutchinson MN

Have you checked your grow out pens lately?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Birdcrazy:
Kelly, Larry said he was going to the Ohio National Show in Columbus Ohio on November 11. He is going to see what they will offer for a 2018 ABC National Show. He will make his decision on a location when he returns.

Kelly Gore:
Thanks! I just read the bulletin this morning.

Susan Mouw:
Remember this is the final for High Point awards - both National and Overall, so get those Meet Reports in!

Paul:
We planned for a great show season, but the weather and birds had their own ideas!  A few day before the Red River Bantam Club show our best white pullet decided to start dropping feathers.  A few days after the show our best blue pullet decided to start dropping feathers also.  A few days ago our best white cockerel damaged a main tail sickle.  Friday our best black cockerel broke the end off a tail feather.  The unusual weather had caused the birds to start molting very early this time.  One of our local poultry show members said that some of his OEG bantam pullets have already started setting.

Unfortunately the younger hatched birds are not ready to be shown.  Looks like we won’t be as hard to beat as in the past.  Hope to see you at the Hutchinson, MN. National and Fayetteville, ARK. SC district meet the next two weekends.

Paul & Angela

Birdcrazy:
Paul, this year seems like the heaviest molt we have had in years. I could make a lot of feather pillows with the feathers in my pen runs. Sorry to hear you had other problems with broken feathers-heavy molt before a show is bad enough. Sounds like I will be packing extra clothes for Hutchinson this weekend even though I AM NOT IN MOLT! Forecast is for 40's daytime 29-30 night time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version