Author Topic: Have you checked your grow out pens lately?  (Read 9623 times)

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Have you checked your grow out pens lately?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 12:20:57 AM »
How many of you ABC members out there have your vehicles all gassed up and routes planned for the ABC National Show this next weekend in Hutchinson, MN? Yes it is too late if you do not have your entries in for the show, but it is never too late to come and see some of the best Ameraucanas representative of our breed. It's never too late to meet those old ABC members and friends, not to mention meeting new members and friends. Last of all it's never too late to enter the Ameraucana EGG JUDGING CONTEST! There is no entry fee and the rules are posted in the reply above in this thread. Come join in the fun! Oct 28-29.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:53:00 AM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 08:28:56 AM »
Yep, been a rough year for molts.  I entered a display for Ohio National, but right now the cock I was taking looks like he came through a threshing machine and there are enough feathers on the floor of his conditioning pen to make a king size feather pillow.  So, I think the display for Ohio National is busted...maybe Dixie Classic?
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 08:45:57 AM »
Paul, This year the weather has been strange for sure and the birds don't know weather to keep their feathers or start over again.  I think Most of ours could be shown at the fair as Naked Necks right now.  We normally have a freeze by Oct 15th, but we've not dropped below the high 40's so far this season.  And we had another round of severe thunderstorms come thru last night that did damage to a lot of businesses and homes.  Is this the new normal?  The early fall shows may be a thing of the past.  I hope the birds can grow and keep feathers for the spring shows at least. 

It sounds like the weather is beginning to break in the North.  So stay warm.  I hope you have a safe trip to the shows you mentioned and do well.  And I hope you can bring some Self Blue to the Dixie Classic in Knoxsville in December too.  Safe Travels to you and Angela, and to all those going out this fall.
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9