Author Topic: 2018 ABC National Meet has been set!  (Read 5735 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
2018 ABC National Meet has been set!
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:45:11 AM »
2018 Ameraucana Breeders Club National Meet

Join us for a great time, great friends, and gorgeous birds at the Dayton Fancy Feathers Poultry Show, Oct 6th-7th, 2018, in Greenville, OH!
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 ABC National Meet has been set!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 01:34:38 PM »
I hope to be able to come to the National Meet next year. I have no idea if I will have anything with feathers on it at that time. Those dates are right in the middle of our molting season. If we wait until our molting season is over down here, it will be freezing up there. Oh well, I guess that is why we move the National Meet around from place to place.

Be Blessed,
Ernie

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 05:54:31 AM »
This will be my first National and I can't wait to see everyone and see all the beautiful Ameraucanas lined up!
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 08:03:15 AM »
I am really confounded with what seems to be constant molting this year.  So I think once they finally get decent feather this winter I will take a few to the Taxidermy shop.  That way I will at least have a few in shape for the early shows up north.  It would be great to be able to make this show, LWATCDR
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:30:34 PM »
Don, maybe you have hit onto something! A class for taxidermy birds! Instead of bathes, just dust them off!
Gordon Gilliam

Maggie Maier

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Testing for 2018 National
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 05:22:10 AM »
My flock gets tested 2x a year and will not be tested til Nov next year. Does my NPIP/AI clean flock status get my young cockerels & Pullets into the early october show without bands since they themselves would not be tested yet????
Maggie Maier

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 08:58:51 AM »
Can you order the bands and band them yourself?  I order bands every year and, by the time of my annual inspection, every bird on the place already has a wing band.  The testers and inspector appreciate it, because that makes their job so much easier. I just print out a spreadsheet listing all the birds, what coop they're in, and their wing band numbers and we just go down the list.

As long as  your NPIP/AI clean status hasn't expired, I would think that would be good enough.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Testing for 2018 National
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 03:47:14 PM »
My flock gets tested 2x a year and will not be tested til Nov next year. Does my NPIP/AI clean flock status get my young cockerels & Pullets into the early october show without bands since they themselves would not be tested yet????

Yes, as long as your NPIP paperwork hasn’t expired, you are good to go.
Joshua 24:15