Author Topic: New Meet Policy - Re: CH and Res CH Ameraucana  (Read 3137 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
New Meet Policy - Re: CH and Res CH Ameraucana
« on: December 17, 2017, 06:28:57 PM »
Hi folks

I just wanted to let everyone know that there has been a change in our meet policy, effective from this day forward for all meets.

CH and Reserve CH Ameraucana will be recognized and accorded points for National and District Meets only.  I will be making a change in the Meet Policy that goes out to all clubs hosting meets, and I or Temple will make the necessary change to our Meet Reports.

Thanks!
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Re: New Meet Policy - Re: CH and Res CH Ameraucana
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 08:37:23 PM »
Thanks for the update. I feel that new policies and/or changes to existing policies should always be put into place at the beginning of the year. I think that it is important for associations and/or clubs to have awards and systems in place to recognize breeders for their work and accomplishments. All rules and requirements should be posted for everyone to read and work toward. Thankfully, our website is easy to use and all information can be found easily.

There is enough mess going within the exhibition poultry world to make us all tired. It seems that every breed club is having issues right now. The drama never ceases to amaze me. I thank God every day that my next meal is not dependent on chickens. The important thing for the ABC is that we all work together to educate others and promote our breed.

Be Blessed,
Ernie

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 08:54:41 AM »
Hi Ernie

We will continue to have the points system, with the Master Exhibitor recognition up to Supreme Master. We'll still give out the rosettes and the cash awards that we do at the District and National levels , as well as the rosettes that are sent out for qualified wins at Club meets. The High Point awards ended with this past National, as that was just a temporary program.

Do you have some ideas for other reward systems the ABC could offer? 
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:20:00 AM »
I don't have any ideas for adding anything new to our program. I thought and still think that we have a great awards program. I do like that with the current program, exhibitors are being recognized for their wins throughout the year. Not everyone can travel to the District and/or National Shows. There are some shows that I will not go to due to the venue. 

Thanks,
Ernie