Author Topic: High Point Awards for 2017  (Read 3297 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
High Point Awards for 2017
« on: December 19, 2017, 05:14:39 PM »
(drum roll, please)

That moment we've all been waiting for - announcement of the High Point Awards for 2017.  The High Point awards are the total points earned from the first show following the National to the last show before the next National.  All the points are totaled up and the highest for each District is awarded the District Annual High Point award in each division - Open and Junior.  The person with the highest total overall wins the Overall High Point award, again in Open and Junior division.

The awards are as follows:

Overall Open High Point Award, $100, goes to Ernie Haire
Ernie earned 1225 points, from Louisiana (863) and Texas (362) shows.

Overall Junior High Point Award, $50, goes to Colton Brush
This was very very close, with only 4 points separating Colton from his sister, Hannah.

District High Awards

North East District
Open, $35, goes to Temple DaSilva
Junior, $20, goes to Colton Brush

South East District
Open, $35, goes to Susan Mouw
Junior, $20, goes to Gwen Lynch

South Central District
Open, $35, goes to Ernie Haire
Junior $20, goes to Clarabelle Galbraith

Western District
Open, $35, goes to Debra Hogan
No Junior points

North Central District
Open, $35, goes to Jerry DeSmidt
No Junior points

Congratulations!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 06:12:59 PM by Susan Mouw »
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: High Point Awards for 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 06:14:07 PM »
Congratulations to all the High Point winners. Thank you for your efforts promoting the Ameraucana breed. Also thanks to those who didn't win the award, but helped promote the Ameraucana breed by exhibiting their Ameraucanas the past year. With all this exposure, it's no wonder why our breed is growing leaps and bounds!
Gordon Gilliam

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 08:57:54 AM »
I received a text messages yesterday congratulating me on my retirement and this award. I knew that I had retired, but really didn't know that the final point tabulations had been done. Now after seeing it on the ABC Forum, the text messages make sense. Thanks to everyone at the ABC for all you do, thanks for the texts from everyone, and most of all thanks to everyone show is working so hard to breed and promote Ameraucanas.

We breed and show other  breeds of poultry, but Ameraucanas are our favorites to show. We enjoy both Large Fowl and Bantams. The other breeds that we breed and show are either Large Fowl or Bantams. We don't have the opportunity to be involved with two sizes of any other breed. We do haul and show a trailer load of Ameraucanas at most shows. I do not say that to brag, but I will offer an explanation as to why. It is difficult not to haul a trailer load when we breed and show both Large Fowl and Bantams in Black, Blue, Splash, White, and Buffs. We also breed and show Self Blue Bantams.

The best thing about breeding and showing Ameraucanas is the ABC and the people involved. We always recommend that anyone involved with this breed get involved and join this wonderful club. All of the members are good people who are filled with knowledge and experience. Not only do they have these qualities, they are always willing to share with other breeders.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the breeders who were and still are kind enough to share their genetics with us. Poultry 2XL would not have the Ameraucanas that we have to work with if it weren't for the people who have shared their birds with us. I will not try to list everyone for fear of leaving someone out. Just know that if we purchased birds from you, we respect you and your breeding program. We deeply appreciate you for being willing to share your genetics with us. We also appreciate all of the our poultry friends, regardless to the breed, for sharing their knowledge with us. Coming from the show cattle, show rabbit, and show goat industry we had experience in showing, but no experience showing poultry when we started. There are some things that carry over, but there are many things that the poultry exhibitors have taught us that is specific to poultry.

Thanks Everyone,
Ernie

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 09:22:38 AM »
Congratulations Ernie on your retirement, I hope you enjoy it for years to come.   

I echo Gordon,  Congratulations to all of the winners and Thanks to those who showed and promoted the Breed.
May 2018 be a Great New Year for everyone!     
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Jan

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 04:05:00 PM »
Congratulation's to all winners!  You worked hard for your award.
Happy Hatching for your 2018 season and the best of luck at the shows!