Author Topic: Ft. Worth Exposition and Livestock Show this weekend  (Read 3548 times)

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Ft. Worth Exposition and Livestock Show this weekend
« on: January 08, 2018, 05:20:51 PM »
It seems like once we start show season, it is non-stop for a couple of months. We had a good show at Bryan this past weekend and now we have Ft. Worth Open Show this weekend. The Junior Show in Ft. Worth will be the following weekend. Due to a conflict in the schedule, none of my juniors will be showing this year. We have a basketball tournament the same weekend and all of the boys play ball.

It rained all night last night and supposed to rain again on Thursday. It is times like this that I wonder why I like White poultry so much. Oh well, thankfully I have several to pick from. I can just grab the cleanest ones and head that way on Friday. I did have to wash a few the other day before we could go to The Bluebonnet Classic. I was hoping that they would stay clean, but that is not going to happen.

We look forward to seeing everyone in Ft. Worth. We will be praying for safe travels for everyone on the road.

Be Blessed,
Ernie

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Ft. Worth Exposition and Livestock Show this weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 12:28:21 PM »
Good Luck to all those exhibiting at the show this weekend.  And good luck Ernie getting those White birds read to go too. 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:41:50 AM »
Thanks, Don. We all know that White birds are challenging to get ready for a show and a week filled with rain doesn't help. It was a great day for White birds in Ft. Worth. We had Best of Breed and Reserve Champion Continental as well as Reserve Best of Breed in the Marans show with White females. We had Best of Breed and Reserve AOSB with a White Large Fowl Ameraucana Hen. Then we had Best of Breed and Champion AOCCL with a White Bantam Ameraucana hen. What a day for White birds.

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 06:29:21 PM »
We had a great show in Ft. Worth. The Open Show was last weekend and the Junior Show will be this weekend.  Paul will have the detailed report when he gets things together. I just wanted to let everyone know that we got home on Sunday evening and had plenty of time Monday to prepare for our WINTER STORM.

That is right folks, northeast Texas had a WINTER STORM move in last night. We woke up to an inch and a half of sleet and snow here in Arp, Texas. Everything is locked up, closed up, and shut down. When we get ANY ice around here, the world comes to a complete stop. The weather forecast says that we will be thawed out and back in the mid to high 60s this weekend.

Be Blessed,
Ernie
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 06:34:45 PM by Ernie Haire »