The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Housing, Health & Hatching

Red Cell Vitamin

<< < (2/2)

Birdcrazy:
Susan, I use 2 tablespoons per gallon of water. I find it easier to put about a quarter gallon of water in the jug, add the red cell, then fill the jug the rest of the way up. Just shake the jug up and voila you're all set.

Susan Mouw:
I've used it before, but may not have been using enough, or wasn't paying attention. :)  I didn't really notice a difference.  I'm going to try it again this year, though.

Thanks!

Lisa Helms:
I used Red Cell with an Araucana  (rumpless, Tufted) Hen with Wry neck.    I added it to her water 1 tablespoon per gallon and would use a syringe when she was really bad and couldn't drink on her own.    She made a complete recovery in 13 days.    She was really bad.   :)

jwoodhaven:
This year I am trying 2 oz. of red cell, 2 oz. of peanut oil, and 2 oz. of fish meal mixed in a 5 gal. bucket of feed. My first hatch with getting this feed will be the 24th of Feb. The birds were on the mix 2 weeks before I started collecting eggs again. It is said that it helps with fertility and hatching. The fertility went up by about 10% for me and we will see on the hatching.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version