Author Topic: The next Secty/Treasurer of the ABC will be .....  (Read 4697 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
The next Secty/Treasurer of the ABC will be .....
« on: April 04, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »
Who knows, but I can tell you who it won't be - me. :)

After much prayerful consideration, and some chats with my close friends and my husband, I have decided to not run again for Secretary/Treasurer.  It has been a wonderful experience and I'm happy that I've had the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the Ameraucana Breeders Club, but it's time for me to step aside and let someone younger, or at least more energetic ;), take it over.

So, I'm asking all our members to consider putting their efforts forward when it comes time for nominations in June.  It will take someone with some level of expertise in technology.  I am going to start writing up the protocols and instructions for all the various pieces - website, online membership, online store, etc, but a certain level of confidence in html and online technology will also be needed.

If you have the skills and the willingness to do this job, please consider nominating yourself for the post when nominations open in June.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: The next Secty/Treasurer of the ABC will be .....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 11:10:36 PM »
Susan, I was sorry to hear that you will not be running for ABC secretary/treasurer in the upcoming election. If anyone deserved a break and rest, you are number one on the list. I don't know how you kept the pace up for 2 terms. I always thought that you did the work of 3 people, refining procedures and policies already in place. Then you brainstormed and came up with new and innovative ideas for the club. Our website, Forum, merchandise store, Gallery, etc. have all flourished under your leadership! Most of all, the tremendous growth in club membership is due in large to your club leadership.

Then in times of criticism and complaint, I knew who was always the first to take the brunt of anger. You always kept all of us directors informed and working to find a solution to the problem. You always kept a cool head while at times mine was steaming at some of the atrocities. Thank you Susan for keeping the ship afloat and on course.

Then as if you had enough on your plate, I know of one rookie District Director (I won't name names, but his initials are GRG) who was always calling or emailing for your help. I know with your help the 2017 ABC National Show became a reality and not a disaster! Thank you Susan. I had better close and leave room on the Forum for additional praises. I just hope that as other ABC members are reading this post, that they are standing and applauding you for all of your efforts and hard work.   THANK YOU SUSAN !!!!!!!

Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 07:50:39 AM »
Oh my, Gordon.  I don't even know how to respond to this.  I couldn't have done what I did without the help and support of all of you on the Board, and everyone else that has pitched in - thinking especially of Lindsay Helton and Temple DaSilva here for all their work on the newsletter and the meets.

I didn't get everything on my "to-do" list done, but I still have some time.  Let's see what we can make happen over the next 8 months. :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 08:21:41 AM »
Thank you Susan for all of the time and effort that you've put into the ABC website and in keeping everything running smoothly through the last couple of years.  I hope you can get some answers on your health issues and still do more of what you want to do.  You certainly deserve some time to enjoy your hobbies too and I am sure that you can handle the tutoring of someone new to handle the day to day operations for the club business. I know it will not be quite the same but the ABC will figure out a way to push thru. You and Barry should take some time to relax and maybe visit some other family as well. We look forward to hearing more stories about you and Barry's adventures at home and where ever you travel along your adventures. Thanks again.     
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Maggie Maier

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 09:17:30 AM »
Susan, I know you have had a tough job. I could not do it. Susan do you think the website could be a separate job? & possibly divide something else off also??Like new member info.  From what I’ve seen you have had a lot of different things to work on. We will all miss you. You have gotten us through a difficult time & done a super job.
Maggie Maier

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 09:27:51 AM »
Don, thank you very much for your kind words.  It has certainly been an interesting and, at times, challenging almost 4 years!  I'm hoping to get answers on the health issues soon - next test in this coming Thursday, so we'll see.  I won't actually see the neurologist until 4/23, but he should have all the information at his fingertips by that time, to make an accurate DX!

Maggie, thank you!  Yes, I've thought about that - the splitting it up.  There is potential for a separate "webmaster".

Just so everyone knows - I'm handing over the reins of Secretary/Treasurer, but that, by no means, means I'm going anywhere.  LOL  I'll still be right here and hope to continue to have an active role in the ABC for years to come. 

I have started writing out a Procedures Manual for all the techie stuff of the Secretary/Treasurer's role and will hand that off to the new person after the elections this year.  My phone number and email address will be included, as well.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 05:22:46 PM »
  There are not enough words to express my appreciation to you Susan, for what you have done for the ABC!  It has been great working with you the past years to help advance the Ameraucana breed and the ABC.  You will be leaving some difficult shoes behind, to be filled.  I fully understand needing a rest from the job.  A special thank you for all that you have done, and do in the future for the ABC!
Paul Smith