Author Topic: South East District meets for this fall  (Read 4451 times)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
South East District meets for this fall
« on: April 09, 2018, 02:21:45 PM »
The SE District now includes the following states - VA, WV, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, TN, KY.  I think it would be great to have it as central as possible and still attract the more exhibitors. 

We have suggestions for the SE District meet to be located in the following locations.  Any members have any other suggestions or want to cast their vote for one of these?

Aniston AL, Oct 13 
Moorehead KY, Nov 17
FFF, Winston Salem NC Nov 24
Knoxville TN, Dec 1-2

Edgefield SC, Dec 15 - was added as a meet this past month too.

Please note that the following shows have dates close to one or the other of these.
ABC National, 40 yr celebration,  Greenville OH Oct 6-7
APA National, North American Poultry Club, Shawnee OK, Nov 17-18 (qualifying meet for Self Blue LF)

Members can still request ABC meets for shows that they and a couple of others plan to attend this season, just let me know.  Thanks!    drc

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 01:55:41 PM by Don »
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: South East District meets for this fall
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »
Susan responded with this below.  It showed up on the original post so I copied it here.

While I love the Anniston show, it would be tough to get that all together the week after our National.  I also love Knoxville, but I've heard great things about the Morehead, KY show.  Even though that would be a conflict with the self-blue qualifying meet, that would get my vote.
Don Cash

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 05:10:22 PM »
Hmm...wondering how I did that. 

I think we should also start thinking about the 2018 Nationals, since they rotate to our District next year.

Never too early to start planning. lol
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:21:29 PM »
Yep, National is next to consider.  But I will post about that after the District is decided. 

Winston-Salem was suggested as one option too. 
Don Cash

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 10:26:54 PM »
Winston would work great for us but Knoxville would also be good.
Just saying
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 11:26:28 PM »
Thanks to everyone that has called, emailed, messaged and posted on the forum. We have a Great group of active folks in the SE area. It appears like two options are pretty clear choices for the SE District Meet this year.  I will get in touch with the two clubs and try to figure out which location will provide the best offerings for the show. Thanks again for all of the input.   
Don Cash

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 02:17:50 PM »
The 2019 ABC National will be announced by the middle on November.  It was discussed at the ABC National Member's Meeting last week that the next Qualifying meet for the Self Blue LF will be required at an APA District meet. The suggestion was made that the ABC National be placed in conjunction with this effort to allow more folks to travel for the combined meets. We are currently trying to find out where these District meets are to be placed in the ABC SE District for 2019.  This Information will be announced here as soon as it is available. 
Don Cash

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 10:49:53 AM »

The Low Country Classic poultry show, Dec 15th, 2018, in Edgefield, SC is cancelled.

As much as we hate to do this, John Womack and I are agreed that, with my pending surgery, there is no way we can carry out the demands from this show.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com