Author Topic: Seeking 1 or 2 Araucana Pullets Age 12 - 18 weeks  (Read 5560 times)

Seeking 1 or 2 Araucana Pullets Age 12 - 18 weeks
« on: July 03, 2005, 10:33:28 PM »
Does anyone have Araucana Pullets aged 12 - 18 weeks for sale?

I already have one rooster (different breed) [I don\'t want additional roosters, so that rules out hatching eggs] and don\'t have room for 25 chickens (so I can\'t buy day-old
chicks). I\'m seeking one or two pullets that lay blue/green eggs.

1. I will Drive anywhere in NJ for them.

2. I\'m also a licensed private pilot building time, so I can fly to
anything within 150 - 200 miles of Flying W Airport, NJ, except within a 30-mile radius of DC, Dulles, and Baltimore.

3. I will Pay for boxing, shipping from anywhere in the country.

Thank you.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 12:10:35 PM »
Devitor,

Are you aware of the differences between araucana and ameraucana?   Have you tried the araucana website?

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 12:55:38 PM »
Mike,

Sorry...I meant Ameraucana. The Ameraucana has a tail (no lethal gene to worry about from both parents like Araucanas), a \"beard,\" and \"muffs.\"

And I also know the hatcherie often sell easter-egger mongrels as either Araucanas or Ameraucanas.

I did mean Ameraucana in my original post.

--Ron

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 10:01:51 PM »

What color are you looking for??
We will have some Silver large Fowl, ready for the Cobelskill show the end of September.
or Yankee Fall Clasic in October.
They are just 5 weeks old now, with a seconf batch just one week old, and a batch in the incubator, and 2 hens settign on nests.
We will only keep 5 total over winter, so the balance will be available.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 09:39:31 PM »
Silver Large Fowl or blue Wheaten would work.

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 10:04:01 PM »
Well, let me know if you are still in need as fall aproches, as we will have a few to spare,. we only have Silvers, and ours do lay very nice blueish green eggs, with the slant towards being more blue that green. They are NOT excellent show birds yet, as the have several color flaws we have been working on, but the egg color was the first improvement we made, and ours are quite nice layers, so you get quantity and quality eggs, just not the best show stock for birds.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 09:57:02 PM »
That works for me. I\'m not looking to show...just a for pretty bird to add to my flock and those blue/green eggs.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 10:04:16 PM »
Devitor,

I could ship you a few pullets.   Contact me at:  ameraucana@aol.com for details .

Mike Gilbert