Author Topic: A special thank you to everyone!  (Read 4544 times)

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
A special thank you to everyone!
« on: April 18, 2018, 10:19:57 PM »
I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the kindness and support that has been shown to me over the last several years. Following this season, I will be cutting back on the number of birds and varieties I am working with. I will continue to maintain a small flock of a few varieties for personal enjoyment, but will no longer be as active during chick season. Rather than taking on a seasons worth of orders, hatching eggs and chicks will be sold as they become available. I felt the need to make a general post because I have had a number of folks reach out to me regarding the 2019 chick season. I have been diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum during my current pregnancy, as well as ongoing thyroid issues, and am also helping provide care for my father who experienced a second stroke. I would like to take time to focus on God, family, and my health. Chick season requires quite a bit of time and energy. I am sure our 7 year old twins, our 3 year old, and our new addition in early October will keep me on my toes. :)

I have experienced some egg laying and hatching issues recently. We started the season off strong initially and had an abundance of eggs and chicks and then things slacked off a bit. Unfortunately the weather hasn’t helped much, as we have had temps below freezing several weeks in March, which is unseasonably cool for here, and then temperature fluxes from the 70s one week back to below freezing the next week. We had snow falling in April which is rare! I think we are going to go straight from winter to summer this year. LOL

I will continue to work my way through our order list and will fill the remaining orders on our books this year. I do not plan to show during the 2018 year since we are due in early October, but hopefully I’ll hop back in the show ring in 2019.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 04:40:52 PM by Lindsay Helton »
Joshua 24:15

Kelly Gore

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Re: A special thank you to everyone!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 08:43:25 AM »
Lindsey,

Congratulations on your new addition! I am sorry to hear about your health issues and that of your dad. Praying for all to recover.

Kelly

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 02:37:27 PM »
Lindsay, It sounds like you all have had a time of it with illness.  I knew that your Dad was working thru rehab, but it sounds like he has had another issue? I hope he is rebounding this time too. I am sure it's easy to feel overwhelmed.    Definitely Congratulations on the new addition.  Soon you'll have enough farm hands to work the Farmstead quite nicely.  Good Luck and we hope that you can get back on a smoother road.  I am sure you will be looking forward to that sooner. 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 02:28:57 PM »
Lindsay,

A special thanks for all that you have done for the ABC!  You have been a big help to take part of the load off the secretary, Susan, by stepping up to publish the ABC newsletter.  As the ABC grew more jobs had to be distributed to others.  You have done a great job and it has been and is greatly appreciated.

Your help with the self blue recognition process is also greatly appreciated.  Glad we had the opportunity to meet you at the Knoxville, TN second pre-qualifying meet!

Congratulations on your new little one coming in October!  Praying for you and your family.  Will be looking forward to showing with you in 2019!

Paul & Angela
Paul Smith

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 09:19:18 PM »
Oh my! I don't know how I missed this post earlier, but forgive my delay in responding. 

Lindsay, there are not enough words to express what your friendship has meant.  Not just tackling the often thankless job of the Newsletter, but all the times you've been there...to listen, to advise, to help, the list is endless.

And - that job of Newsletter Editor?  You jumped in with both feet and created history with the newsletters you've published. 

You are in my thoughts and prayers and I can't wait to see pics of the newest little Helton.   Sure will miss you at the shows this year, though! :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Sarah Meaders

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 05:52:56 AM »
Lindsay, you are such a blessing to so many! I have never met you in person, but you have been a huge support for so many, not just chicken related either! I was hospitalized multiple times with each pregnancy for the same issues, plus others, and I so know how much of a struggle it is. I am praying for you and your family!

Yes, your work on the newsletter was a Godsend! Please know how loved you are!

Sarah
Proclaim Yahweh's greatness with me! Let us exhale His name together! Psalm 34:3