Author Topic: Results Forsyth Fowl Fanciers, NC 3/31/18  (Read 4195 times)

Maggie Maier

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Results Forsyth Fowl Fanciers, NC 3/31/18
« on: April 01, 2018, 10:37:40 AM »
We had great weather to sit outside together & w e had a great double show yesterday at Winston-Salem, NC. 5 exhibitors,  16 Bantams & 4 LF. Don Cash going CH AOSB with his Buff LF in the first show. Jeff & Sherry Vance taking BB Bantam in both shows & CH & Res AOCCL in BOTH Shows. The Vances won with their Wheaten in the first show & their Black in the second show
Maggie Maier

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Results Forsyth Fowl Fanciers, NC 3/31/18
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 12:55:55 PM »
Thank you Maggie for the pictures and the update on the shows.  This is the first double show for the FFF.  We will see if they decide to do it again. Hiring four judges is pretty expensive, so not sure if they broke even on the event.  This show is long standing, has been running continuously since I think the 1950's.  The Holiday weekend probably hurt their numbers a bit this spring. And unfortunately they didn't have the BBQ'd Venison as they had in the past as well. I think Maggie might bring some Brunswick stew next year? 

It was great to see and visit with those that were able to attend.  The weather was the best I've seen for this weekend in a long time.  And I saw more than one attendee nodding off while enjoying the sunshine.  I won't mention any names.  And again, Winston-Salem/Lexington IS the center of the BBQ world. I know some folks have never realized this Truth. Along that line, We tried a new BBQ place on the way home that was really good.  We will definitely be back there again next time thru the "Camel City". 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 01:46:40 PM »
Thanks Maggie for the report and pictures. For those of us too far away to make the show, it was almost like being there to see the results.
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 04:56:00 PM »
Congratulations, everyone!  Looks like a nice group of Ameraucana - both large fowl and bantams!
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 10:39:33 AM »
As Maggie did mention, there were a couple of other exhibitors there, 6 in all, some in single color classes.  I would like to add that Maggie did well with her silvers in both shows also.  I know she's not one to boast as some might be apt to do.      But the most important thing in my mind is that we got together and talked about the birds and things for next fall as well.  A lot of the birds were in less than optimum condition, it is the breeding season after all.  The spring shows are usually down because of this.  But everyone's birds are in the same basic condition.  So get out and enjoy the shows.   Good Luck on those spring hatches! 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 10:34:37 PM »
Thanks for the great report.
This is one show that the people just make you feel welcome and you are at home.
Glade to get to hangout with Maggie and Don for the day. 
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance