Author Topic: ABC Meets for South-Central District  (Read 3197 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
ABC Meets for South-Central District
« on: June 19, 2018, 08:18:56 AM »
  It is time to start requesting ABC club meets!  I had an e-mail from the Red River Bantam Club show secretary asking us (the ABC) to place a meet.  The show catalog goes to the printers July 15.  Angela and I have requested the RRBC meet several times in the past years, as this is our local poultry club.  This year it is the same weekend Oct. 6, 2018, as our ABC national meet in Ohio.  Angela and I plan to go to the ABC national, so we need a Texas ABC member to request this meet if ABC members want to have a meet at it.  There are several shows in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri and Colorado that have been set as ABC meets in the past.  Any show that ABC members plan to show can be requested as an ABC club meet.  Our SC district meet is set for the special APA national meet in Shawnee, OK. On November 17 & 18, 2018.  This show will be our first qualifying meet for large fowl Self blue Ameraucanas!  We must have a minimum of 5 exhibitors in each of the four classes (C, H, K, P) and a minimum of 25 head shown.  The 5 exhibitors must be APA members to be counted.   The Oklahoma State Poultry Federation show will be Dec. 8 in Shawnee, OK.

We need request from ABC members to set meets!  This is ABC policy so the meet reports will not report none shown, as the ABC member requesting the meet is expected to show.  I know sometimes things happen that can prevent an exhibitor from showing, especially when the meets need to be requested several months in advance of the show to be listed in the show catalog.

Thanks in advance for your participation and help in making the Ameraucana breed and ABC great!

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

Samantha Voges

Re: ABC Meets for South-Central District
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 02:24:34 PM »
How does one go about requesting a meet? I’d be interested in requesting one in the north east District at the Lebanon Valley Poultry Fanciers show on Oct 13th in Lebanon PA!?

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 05:29:24 PM »
Samantha, Request a meet in your district by contacting your District Director, who in your case would be Larry Clionsky. If you go to the Ameraucana Breeders Club home web page, click on ABC MEETS on the left hand column. At the top of the shows listed you will see the procedure for placing shows. If you click on meet policy it will give you more information. I hope this helps.
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 05:34:25 PM »
Sam, if you want to send the info to me, I'll make sure it gets to both our Meets Coordinator, Temple DaSilva, and your District Director, Larry Clionsky.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 08:52:53 PM »
  Meets can only be requested by ABC members-show secretaries are not eligible unless they are an ABC member.  This is a rule that the ABC has, so the show report will not return-reporting none shown.  The ABC member who request the meet is expected to show at the meet. I know sometimes things happen that can prevent an exhibitor from showing, especially when the meets need to be requested several months in advance of the show to be listed in the show catalog.  I know you are an ABC member.  This was shared for others who may not be a member.

To request a meet, contact your district director and ask that the show be an ABC club meet.  Your director is Larry Clionski.  Then the director completes the forms and sends them to the show secretary, Susan Mouw, the ABC secretary, and Temple DaSilva the ABC meet coordinator. 
Paul Smith