Author Topic: Showboxes  (Read 3774 times)

Mitchell Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Showboxes
« on: July 15, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »
I am currently in the process of making showboxes to transport birds in. I was wondering if there are recommendations or advice making the showboxes. I'm planning on making the box dimensions 16 inches wide 20 inches long and 20 inches high for each individual compartment. I'm planning on making each box doubles so they would be 32 inches in total width.

Not really sure if the dimensions are adequate for adult large fowl Ameraucanas. I've looked at other people's designs and dimensions for Adult standard size large fowl and these are similar to those.

I'm planning on transporting multiple birds in this manner and I'm trying to keep in mind the safety of the birds while in transport,  and ease of use for myself.

Any ideas, recommendations, or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mitch and Tiffany

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Showboxes
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 09:29:19 PM »
Mitch and Tiffany, Sounds like you are on the right track with the size you propose.  It all depends on the size of your birds or the size you hope to progress them.  Just make sure they have room to sit and not mess up their tail.  Some folks will offer a longer length for males in many breeds. And you might be able to get by with a slimer version for carrying AMs especially females.  These are sizes offered by a couple builders, and if you get in a routine and offer them for sale, please let me know.........

LF boxes in 2 sizes - 16in wide, 16in tall and 24in long, and 16in wide, 24in tall and 24in long.   

Some of the folks are using plastic totes now for carryy boxes, they are cheap, light, and they can be stacked inside each other for the off season. 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Mitchell Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Re: Showboxes
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »
Thanks for the info Don, I appreciate it and I'll be sure to let you know if I start making them to sell.