Author Topic: Bantam Brown reds  (Read 3243 times)

Husker2055

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Bantam Brown reds
« on: July 23, 2018, 09:55:56 AM »
Hello ,

I’m looking for some bantam brown reds. We raise them but I was going to see if anyone had any different lines besides mine.

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Bantam Brown reds
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 11:48:41 AM »
Hello,  Brad I am not positive of sure of your location. Your name and general local can be listed on your profile or signature so folks can help locate stock closer to you.  The BR varieties are rare but there are a few out there and hopefully they can be spread around more. They are a beautiful color and deserve more folks working with them.  Get in touch with Jeff Vance, hopefully he can point you in the right direction.  I know he does not have any right now but he has an interest and has put some effort into finding out who and where.   

Also, if push comes to shove, you can use some silver to reinvigorate them. Some of the original silver breeders used BR to cross, created birchens which is the silver version of the BR.  These were used to better typy and reduce the Red in the males that often is an issue in some silver lines today.   

Feel free to drop me an email if I can help.   drccash@yahoo.com  Good Luck!   Don Cash
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 02:26:30 PM by Don »
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Husker2055

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Re: Bantam Brown reds
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 05:10:39 PM »
Thank you Mr. Cash. I did send you an email.