Author Topic: South-Central ABC Meets  (Read 3167 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
South-Central ABC Meets
« on: August 26, 2018, 09:21:51 AM »
  Jacob Bates called me last week to ask if the ABC would like to place a meet at the HOTPA-double judged show in Fayetteville, Arkansas on November 3-4, 2018.  Does any ABC member want to request this show or any other shows in the district?  The deadlines to be listed as a meet in the show catalogs are nearing for most shows!

Presently we have booked

Red River Bantam Club,-Gainesville, TX.
Bluebonnet Classic-College Station, TX.
Missouri State Poultry Show-Sedalia, MO.
North American Poultry Breeders-Shawnee, OK. Our district meet and first self blue qualifying meet
Pelican State Classic-Haynesville, LA.

I may be contacted by e-mail: psmith@ntin.net  or call 940-768-8405 to request an ABC club meet.

Thanks,

Paul Smith

Paul Smith

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: South-Central ABC Meets
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 01:33:51 PM »
That's a great show and pretty central in my mind. And there is a Lot to see around that area too.  I know the Shawnee APA national is 2 weeks after that date.  What about the other dates, are they pressing that date?  Do you all plan to show at Fayetteville this fall?

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 01:50:52 PM by Don »
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: South-Central ABC Meets
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 05:21:30 PM »
  We are not going to as many shows as we did last season.  Presently we are undecided which ones we plan to show, other than our ABC national in Greenville, OH., and our SC district which is the first self blue qualifying meet at the Shawnee, OK. APA national meet.  Angela booked our room last week.

The extreme heat wave has had an adverse effect on the birds and most fanciers.  We saw it 114ºF a few weeks ago!  Presently we only have 2 blue pullets caged for the shows.  Its still too warm to risk them.  They need to be caged at least 8 weeks before the show.  Our national is less than 6 weeks away!

Paul Smith