Author Topic: 2018 SE District Meet - Dixie Classic, Knoxville, TN - 12/1-2/18  (Read 2098 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
2018 SE District Meet - Dixie Classic, Knoxville, TN - 12/1-2/18
« on: December 03, 2018, 05:52:51 PM »
I was so pleased to attend this show!  What a great group of folks and one of the best line-ups of large fowl Ameraucana I've seen at one show.  Sadly, there no bantams Ameraucanas entered in either Open or Junior, so we had to just go with what we had.

The full meet report is available here: 12-01-18 Dixie Classic Knoxville TN SE District.pdf

In the Junior show, there were 8 large fowl Ameraucanas entered, by 2 exhibitors.  An ABC non-member Coley Potter took high honors as BV, BB, CH Ameraucana, and CH AOSB with her blue pullet.  Emily McDonald took home the Reserve Best of Breed win with her black pullet. Ben Porter judging.

On the top: BV BB CH Ameraucana CH AOSB Blue Pullet by Coley Potter.
On the bottom: RV Blue Pullet by Emily McDonald

BV RB Black Pullet by Emily McDonald
The RV Black Cockerel refused to cooperate at picture taking time, so there is no pic available for him.  He was also shown and owned by Emily McDonald.

In Open Class, there were 4 exhibitors with 22 large fowl Ameraucanas.  Top honors, with BV BB and CH Ameraucana go to Susan Mouw, with her Black cockerel and RV RB Res CH Ameraucana also shown and owned by Susan Mouw.

On the top: BV BB CH Ameraucana Black K by Susan Mouw
On the bottom: RV RB Res CH Ameraucana Black P by Susan Mouw

On the top: BV Blue P by Susan Mouw
On the bottom: RV Blue P by Susan Mouw

On the top: BV Blue Wheaten H by Pat Dukes
On the bottom: BV Wheaten H by Pat Dukes

On the top: BV Splash H by Pat Dukes
On the bottom: RV Splash K by Sara Knight

On the top: BV Mottled H by Sara Knight
On the bottom: RV Mottled P by Sara Knight

BV Splash Wheaten K by Pat Dukes

While I was very impressed with the depth of quality across the whole Open entry this weekend, these next birds blew me away...

On the top: BV Self-Blue H by Dee Chappelle
On the bottom: RV Self-Blue C by Dee Chappelle

The overall type and feather quality on all of the self-blues entered this weekend was very nice, in my opinion.  Yes, there were some color issues with some black speckles and very light barring, but the foundation is there!

Both Dee Chappelle and Pat Dukes - both of whom entered beautiful self-blues this weekend are committed to attending the final self-blue qualifying meet next year in Columbus, too!  Still almost a year away and we've got commitments from enough exhibitors already!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 06:14:01 PM by Susan Mouw »
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com