Author Topic: Indianapolis - Crossroads of America Show  (Read 7751 times)

Mike Gilbert

Indianapolis - Crossroads of America Show
« on: August 18, 2006, 06:11:40 PM »
The Crossroads of America Show in November at Indianpolis has it\'s entry form posted on the show\'s website, and the show catalog will be in the September issue of Poultry Press.
One thing I noticed is that they are offering 10 \' by 10 \' sale areas for $50.    Would any of you be interested in going together to purchase a sale area in the name of the Club?
It would be for Ameraucanas only, and we would have to take turns \"tending the store\" so to speak.   We did this at the Ohio National one year, and during our club meeting some birds were actually stolen from the sale area.   So we would need volunteers to keep an eye on things for predetermined shifts.
Please respond if you think this would be a good idea.  
Barb?  Michael?   Larry?   John?   Jerry?  Any Others?

John

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 06:17:35 PM »
Sure.  Jeanne Treat and I talked about that the other day as we reminisced about what was termed \"Ameraucana Central\" at the OH show.  It worked out great!
You can count on Jeanne and me for $5 to $10 each, depending on how many members participate.

faith valley

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 08:31:24 PM »
My extra ameraucanas will all be sold by then, but I dont mind taking a shift to help others out.  It\'s a great way to meet some of the club members.

~Patty~

bantamhill

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 08:40:06 AM »
It looks as if I will be at the Indianapolis show and I will be willing to help watch a sale area and contribute to it.

Michael

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 01:34:28 PM »
At this point in time I\'m not completely sure that we will make it the Crossroads show. If we do, I\'ll be happy to pitch in.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 06:36:56 AM »
I will be at the Crossroads, but will be extremely busy. I am the KY state director for the APA-ABA Youth Program, and we\'ve all been asked to help judge showmanship classes plus man the booth. As well, I am planning on clerking. Plus we\'ve got the qualifier for the Blue Cream Light Brown and Cream Light Brown Dutch Bantams, with the associated excitement, so I don\'t know that I can commit to helping, but if I have time I\'d love to, in-between herding my two teens!  :D Let\'s keep in touch about it.

grisaboy

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 09:00:34 AM »
I will be at the Crossroads show and I will be happy to contribute to a sales booth.  With $ and time.

Any one who is on the fence about this show should definitely plan on coming.  It will be an amazing show with more birds than most of us have ever seen at one show.  I was talking to a cochin breeder the other day, making arrangements to pick up some cochin bantams for my daughter.  He said that the cochin club has a goal to bring at least 500 birds to Indianapolis.  That is just one club and I know that several of the other clubs that are having their nationals there and are making similar drives to bring large numbers of birds.
Anyone who places a bird at this show will definitely have some braggin rights.

faith valley

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 12:09:36 PM »
I agree- this show will certainly have a lot of great birds there.  The call club is pushing for over 500 call entries also; we have raised over $1100.00 in cash prize awards allready.

I will be exhibiting a pair of the red ameraucana bantams at the Cross Roads show, so if anyone was wanting to see that variety up close- look them up on the show floor.  They are still a bit young- hatched out May 12th, but if you are interested in pursuing that variety- it will give you an idea of how they will turn out.  Jim has done a great job in his work with them over the last 7 years.  They are nice little birds.

~Patty~

Blue Egg Acres

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 11:54:08 AM »
What is the web address for Crossroads?

John

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 12:04:57 PM »
I found the address in the Poultry Press:
http://www.crohio.com/crossroads/main.htm
It is sure to be a great show...It may even rival the Frankenmuth Fowl Fest ;)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 01:29:17 PM »
Okay, it sounds like there may be enough of us to make it pay to reserve a space.    I will take care of the reservation on my entry form, and the others who participate can reimburse me for their share at the show.   The amount will be based on how many actually particpate.   It will be a great place for Ameraucana folks to congregate and visit, regardless of whether they have any birds to sell or not.   John, what do you think of having some signage, elevated high enough to be seen for some distance?   Any ideas?

John

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 08:36:25 PM »
I just wanted to bring this back to the top of the list, since some of the same subject matter is in the new thread about what we like to call \"Ameraucana Central\".

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 10:40:58 AM »
Hope you/all have a great show and lots of fun at the huge show.  One long trip a year is all I\'m up to.  We went through Indianapolis on the way to Frankenmuth.  It is 900 miles one way to Indianapolis, so we aren\'t going this time.
Paul Smith

John

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 04:07:51 PM »
I just got off the phone with Bill Wulff and he said they are up to 11,412 entries with some more to count!
You won\'t want to miss this one...

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 02:57:31 AM »
All;

Still looking for 2 or 3 cull LF pullets or young hens in the following colors:  Brown/Red, Blue, Buff, Wheaton, or Silver.  I\'m starting a backyard flock, I already have a Black pullet, and I wanted more colors.  PM me with availability and prices, I will be at CrossRoads Saturday morning/early afternoon.  Thanks, Rich