Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 5276 times)

Lisa Helms

Goodbye
« on: October 25, 2018, 12:06:09 AM »
I will not be paying my dues.    I was at the Nationals with Sherry Klaus.    She won some Major wins....Her Trophy and accolades went to another breeder.    That was rectified.   She Won Res Ch LF of the show......Again when points were being awarded she had to fight for them.   I am tired of HS stuff from people who are supposed to be old enough to act like that.    So Susan, enjoy your life and acting like you have NO Clue.....I have all the evidence I need...Shame on you as an officer of this Club to be so dishonest.   My final post....I have no desire to be associated with the leadership in this club.  Makes me so sad that you make a major winner at our own national have to look for her points....You gave her trophy to someone else.....So play it up....It was all on purpose.....I want nothing to do with you or this club....If I haven't figured it out first.....DELETE ME!   
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 12:15:58 AM by Lisa Helms »

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 07:10:57 AM »
Lisa,  Sorry that you and Sherry ran into this confusion at the show.  I did not realize that this was happening.  Please let me know if I can help with anything in the future.       drc 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 09:58:48 AM »
  There can be a lot of confusion when there is a double judged show!  The Dayton Fancy Feather Club did an excellent job holding their first double judged show!

I kept an accurate record of both judgings and photos of our national show.  We did not take photos of the club judging.

Lisa, the error here is on your part.  Sherry Klaus's black pullet won BV, BB, Champion AOSB and Reserve Champion large fowl in the club meet which received 61 points.  No awards were provided by the ABC for the club meet other than ABC points!  No fight needed.

Sherry did have the BV, RB and Reserve AOSB on a white pullet in the national show, which she received 60 ABC club points and national show awards.  The ABC national was judged by Tim Bowles.  The ABC club meet was judged by Gary Overton.

Hope this helps you understand the misconception that occurred by having two judgings.  Personally I prefer only single judgings.  We have made photos of both judgings in the past that puts the work on overload!  I can't even imagine what a four judged show would be like.  On the other hand, a double judged show plainly indicates the placings are all a matter of opinion!

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 06:47:52 PM »
I will not be paying my dues.    I was at the Nationals with Sherry Klaus.    She won some Major wins....Her Trophy and accolades went to another breeder.    That was rectified.   She Won Res Ch LF of the show......Again when points were being awarded she had to fight for them.   I am tired of HS stuff from people who are supposed to be old enough to act like that.    So Susan, enjoy your life and acting like you have NO Clue.....I have all the evidence I need...Shame on you as an officer of this Club to be so dishonest.   My final post....I have no desire to be associated with the leadership in this club.  Makes me so sad that you make a major winner at our own national have to look for her points....You gave her trophy to someone else.....So play it up....It was all on purpose.....I want nothing to do with you or this club....If I haven't figured it out first.....DELETE ME!

This is the first I'm hearing of any error.  If there is an error, it can be easily corrected.  The meet reports for both shows were posted shortly after I got home and any errors could have been easily corrected.

On the National meet report  http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/meet_reports/10-6-18%20Dayton%20Fancy%20Feathers%20Greenville%20OH%20Natl.pdf, it shows Sherry winning Best of Variety, Reserve CH AOSB. I was not aware she also won Res CH LF.  Congratulations!  That was a beautiful white pullet.

In the Club meet, http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/meet_reports/10-6-18%20Dayton%20Fancy%20Feathers%20Greenville%20OH%20Club.pdf, I show Kraig Shafer winning BV and RV in the whites.

If there is any mistake, I'll be happy to correct it.  There was, and is, no intention for deceit or trickery or hidden motives.  If there is a mistake, it was an honest mistake and can be easily corrected. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 07:03:58 PM by Susan Mouw »
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 06:57:13 PM »
  Sherry Klaus's black pullet won BV, BB, Champion AOSB and Reserve Champion large fowl in the club meet which received 61 points.  No awards were provided by the ABC for the club meet other than ABC points!  No fight needed.

There were regular ABC rosettes available for BB/RB in the Club meet.  If Sherry did not receive hers, I'll be happy to ship one out to her.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 08:11:51 PM »

This is the first I'm hearing of any error.  If there is an error, it can be easily corrected.  The meet reports for both shows were posted shortly after I got home and any errors could have been easily corrected.

That is not actually a correct statement.  I sent copies of both the National and Club meet reports out to all the club member exhibitors, for their review and corrections, on Mon or Tuesday after the meet weekend.  Sherry did notify me of a correction for her R CH AOSB win, which was immediately corrected and the amended meet report uploaded and sent to her for her records.  The added win did not change her points, however, as those only apply to BB/RB and BV/RV wins for Club Meets, and up through CH and R CH Ameraucana wins for District and National meets.

So there was a mistake on the original report. I was notified of the correction, it was made within 24 hours, and the corrected meet report was uploaded and sent to Sherry.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 08:15:24 PM by Susan Mouw »
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Lisa Helms

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 05:26:31 PM »
Ok....I am going to stay a member.    I have felt very alienated just because I will express my views.    I realize that it is hard work setting up a show.    Maybe my perceptions weren't accurate.    I was there and I didn't win, which I accept gracefully.....My birds weren't up to par.   I brought them just to come to a National.    Molt has been hard here.    I brought them for points for winners.   Never expected to win.   So if I hurt feelings I'm sorry.    A few people were nice to me.   Some didn't even acknowledge me.   That is fine.

Lisa Helms

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 05:30:35 PM »
I will however be a silent member.

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 07:26:37 PM »
Lisa, I am glad that you are going to stay a member of the ABC. I hope that I did not offend you at the 2018 ABC National Show. I know that I did not get to meet as many of the newer members as I hoped to. After a 14 hour drive plus losing an hour coming from the west, we checked into the motel in north Dayton. Plans were to drive the 35 minutes to the fairgrounds Friday evening, but it was late and we stayed at the motel to rest up. We got up early Saturday morning and headed for the fairgrounds. I must admit that I was still somewhat in zombie land most of Saturday. My first priority was to meet some of my old ABC members that I had not seen since the 2015 National Show in Fayetteville, AR (Don Cash, Jeff and Cheryl Vance, Clif Redden-who was not present, and others). I also wanted to meet in person Susan Mouw who I had talked with many times on the phone and conversed with emails over the years. Naturally I wanted to look at the Ameraucanas on display. I would have liked to talked to Jerry Desmidt and Paul and Angela Smith more, but I knew they were either clerking, tabulating points or taking pictures. We got up early Sunday morning and started on the long trek home. I do have a suggestion to bring to the board that at next year's National Show meeting that we take time to introduce the ABC Board of Directors, each member be introduced and tell briefly about themselves and their interest in Ameraucanas. That would help put a face with a name and help stimulate further discussion among members. I certainly wish you the best for the remainder of the year and the coming new year of hatching and growing out new youngsters. I don't have any suggestions on molt, I know that we have all faced that problem one time or another during the show season.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:16:11 PM by Susan Mouw »
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 03:03:51 PM »
Lisa, I am glad to hear that you are going to stay and be a working member of the club. We need more folks working on the breed out in the Middle of the country.  Gordon and Paul could use more help in promoting the breed in the midwest.  Feel free to let your Directors know what works better and which shows you'll plan to attend.   And it would be great if we could get you interested in bantams too. Sherry needs more competition, And we need to get you all to travel out east more.  It was great to meet you at Greenville.
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 07:53:34 PM »
I will however be a silent member.

Please don't be a silent member, Lisa.  We need and want all of our members to speak up and speak out when they see something going wrong...or going right.  Google gives the definition of club as, "an association or organization dedicated to a particular interest or activity."  That means that, no matter our personal differences, we are all united in our love for and dedication to this breed.  It is vitally important that all of our members are united in this common cause.

I am very glad you and I chatted on the phone and I look forward to seeing you at future shows and events.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Lisa Helms

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 10:37:19 PM »
Thank you all.   I have paid my dues.   I love this breed.   I love showing them, but more than that, I love sharing them.   My goal is to breed the best birds that I can.    I can win or lose and still be happy.   I have some great friends in this Club.   So here is to moving forward.   

Thank you.