Author Topic: Attn. Breeders  (Read 5058 times)

Attn. Breeders
« on: August 19, 2006, 01:05:14 PM »
 I\'m curious to know what states and or provinces you sent chicks, birds, eggs to this year.  I wanted to ask how many you shipped/sold but you never know when the government might be lurking so  give numbers at your own risk. B)

Attn. Breeders
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:07:04 PM »
I have sold a few LF Blacks & Blues at the NE Utah/SE Idaho line this year--about a dozen show-quality. Am hunting for LF Wheatens & Blue Wheatens...

John

Attn. Breeders
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 09:46:57 AM »
I\'ve shipped day old chicks to many states over the years and to several this year alone.  Some states require importation permits before you can legally ship birds into them.
We cannot ship into Canada, but can ship to a US post office near the border for a customer to come across and pick up their birds at.  Special health papers are required that have to be filled out by a vet.  The vet bill and forms cost over a hundred dollars a couple years ago.

Attn. Breeders
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 09:36:54 PM »
Thanks for the two responses.  Geez guys, I didn\'t think this would be so tough.  I was just curious how many states have Ameraucana.  I already know there\'s O availability of stock locally where I am.  

Mike Gilbert

Attn. Breeders
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 07:24:18 AM »
Dawn,
I have sold birds this year to folks in Michigan, Missouri, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, and Ohio.   Had a repeat order from a lady in Washington state, but lost her e-mail address.

Mike G.

faith valley

Attn. Breeders
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 09:36:44 AM »
We have sold to several folks, all in the state of Ohio though.

Patty

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Attn. Breeders
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 11:49:03 AM »
Even though I just started, I sold birds to Idaho, here in Washington and shipped eggs to PA and FL.

I also bought birds from John and Paul.

Jean
Jean

Blue Egg Acres

Attn. Breeders
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 11:55:06 AM »
I\'ve not shipped any birds this year. I\'ve had requests, but none of them in the zip codes I\'m allowed to ship to which are hit and miss on the east coast - all near major cities:
005, 068-069, 100-119, 124-127, 242, 300-303, 305-307, 310-312, 318-319, 327-329, 335-338, 342, 346-347, 370-374, 376-379, 384-385, 399, 407-410, 417-418, 425-426, 450-452, 459, 470

I\'m able to ship eggs anywhere and have sent them to CA, WI, IL, TX, MD and WA this year.

Blue Egg Acres

Attn. Breeders
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 11:58:39 AM »
Quote from: Dawn
I was just curious how many states have Ameraucana.

The Breeder Directory will tell you who offers them for sale.
http://www.ameraucana.org/BreedersDirectory.htm

John

Attn. Breeders
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 12:13:06 PM »
how many states have Ameraucana

The fall ABC Bulletin will include a list of current club members as we do each year, but not all members have Ameraucanas.  
It would be too time consuming to go thru my records and list all the states I\'ve shipped to over the last two decades, but would estimate it was to half of them or more.

bantamhill

Attn. Breeders
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 09:29:39 PM »
I have shipped hatching eggs all over the country, including Alaska! I have shipping live started and mature birds with no hitches, but have never successfully gotten a batch of chicks to their new home through the mail, although I have driven them to their new home on my travels with my job. I will probably give up on day-old chicks next year.

As John stated, become a member and look through the full membership list for folks close to you. I my early days (and still today) a lot of my travels and vacations involve meeting up with someone to pick up chickens or peafowl. The other option is to have birds shipped in. Although it sounds scary, I have never had problems.

The last option is to try to go to an Ameraucana meet at a poultry show and pick up some birds.

Michael

Mike Gilbert

Attn. Breeders
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 02:38:25 PM »
Add Arkansas, California, and Washington to my list.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Attn. Breeders
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 09:35:58 AM »
The past 7 years, Angela and I have shipped Ameraucanas (mostly day olds) into 38 states from coast to coast.  With John\'s help, there are some in Canada also.  The only trouble we have had is the loss of three boxes due to the cold temperatures, and a letter from Minnesota Animal Health requiring us to get a permit before sending anymore into Minnesota.  We now have had their required permit for several years.
Paul Smith

Attn. Breeders
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 03:00:07 PM »
Quote from: Dawn
Thanks for the two responses.  Geez guys, I didn\'t think this would be so tough.  I was just curious how many states have Ameraucana.  I already know there\'s O availability of stock locally where I am.  

You\'re in a tough area from this end of the country too. Might be worth a drive to a nearby State!

Wramest regards,
Lisa and Gary Cree
http://creefarm.fateback.com