Author Topic: 2018 North Central District Show  (Read 5488 times)

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
2018 North Central District Show
« on: November 04, 2018, 10:19:30 PM »
The North Central District Show was held November 3-4 2018 in Lincoln Nebraska. There were 17 LF and 38 Bantams on display for a total of 55 birds from 4 exhibitors. The Nebraska State Poultry Assn. hosted the show, which may have to be changed to "The Jerry DeSmidt Show". Jerry won the title of exhibiter with the most entries. His Prize White Bantam Hen took not only BV, BB, Champion AOCCL, ABC North Central District Show Champion, but was named Reserve Champion of the entire show of 933 entries. Jerry's White Bantam K was the RV, RB, and ABC NCDS Reserve Champion. Jerry's other Bantams went on to win every BV AND RV in all classes with the exception of RV in Blacks which was won by Diamond LeBlanc of Palmer, NE. In the AOV Bantam Class Jerry won Best of AOV with a Self Blue C and Reserve AOV with a Splash C.

Jerry didn't stop with the Bantam classes, but went on to take BB with a Black LF Pullet and RV with a Black LF K. His White LF C was BV and his White LF K was RV. The LF classes were completed with BV in Blue Wheaten, Wheaten, Blue and RV in Blue by Gordon Gilliam.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 12:19:49 PM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 North Central District Show
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 07:54:18 AM »
Nice report Gordon, Glad that you had a good show. I read where Mark Fields was really impressed with the show, including the way it was orgainized and run. And he was impressed with the facility and the energy especially the young folks there. He remarked that the AM classes were really better than what he'd seen in other shows too.  Congrats to all of the exhibitors for getting out the birds and promoting the Breed.  Nice pictures.  Are there more of the LF still?   
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 09:42:35 AM »
Yes Don, that is only about a fifth of the pictures I have to load on the Forum. It was late last night when I was starting the post. I was tired from the show and as you see so were some of the chickens in the pictures. Half of them were laying sideways and I couldn't get them to wake up and stand upright. So instead of having more sleepy chickens, I quit for the night and will try to get with my personal computer Guru (Susan)
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 10:16:45 AM »
Yes Don, that is only about a fifth of the pictures I have to load on the Forum. It was late last night when I was starting the post. I was tired from the show and as you see so were some of the chickens in the pictures. Half of them were laying sideways and I couldn't get them to wake up and stand upright. So instead of having more sleepy chickens, I quit for the night and will try to get with my personal computer Guru (Susan)

Your personal computer...well, technician, don't know that I'd qualify as a guru yet ;), is at your service. :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 12:28:29 PM »
My personal computer guru (Susan Mouw) got me back on track, woke the chickens up and standing right, so here are more pictures.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 12:42:46 PM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 02:09:15 PM »
More Pictures from ABC NCD Show.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:13:36 PM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 02:39:55 PM »
One last picture from the ABC North Central District Show. Along with this picture I want to thank Jerry DeSmidt who not only made the Nebraska State Poultry Assn Show a tremendous success, but also our ABC
NCDS A great success! He represented our Ameraucana Breed well and helped raise the standard. His White Bantam Hen was Reserve Champion out of 933 birds and waterfowl. Pictured in his right hand is the ABC North Central District Show Champion Ameraucana Trophy. In his left hand the ABC NCDS Reserve Champion Ameraucana Trophy, NSPA Show Plaques and cash money envelopes.
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 06:54:41 PM »
One last picture from the ABC North Central District Show. Along with this picture I want to thank Jerry DeSmidt who not only made the Nebraska State Poultry Assn Show a tremendous success, but also our ABC
NCDS A great success! He represented our Ameraucana Breed well and helped raise the standard. His White Bantam Hen was Reserve Champion out of 933 birds and waterfowl. Pictured in his right hand is the ABC North Central District Show Champion Ameraucana Trophy. In his left hand the ABC NCDS Reserve Champion Ameraucana Trophy, NSPA Show Plaques and cash money envelopes.

I do believe Jerry made ABC, if not APA, history with this win!  I went back through all 1241 BB and better wins in the bantams in my database.  Of course, that only goes back to 2012, so I don't have the archives prior to that to search.

But out of those 1241 BB bantam wins, there was not one that went to Reserve Grand CH!

Congratulations, Jerry!!  Well deserved win. 

(Don't tell anyone, but it was tempting to not "accidentally" take home that black cockerel of yours from the Nationals)  LOL
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 11:10:31 PM »
I had a great time and was very surprised myself on the Reserve of show with the White bantam hen. Thanks again Gordon for a great time I am sure I will be back if you let me.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 11:32:07 PM »
Great photos!  Looks like you had a good NCDS.

Our SCDS is Nov.17 & 18.  Looks like we are going to surpass the Self blue large fowl quota, thanks to several breeders who have committed to show.  Thanks for posting the NCDS!
Paul Smith

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 12:15:00 AM »
Jerry, you are welcome anytime. I would even pay admission to see your fine collection of Ameraucanas in person. We just haven't worked out the price structure yet. I am sorry about the vet being so late and disrupting your show prep. The show secretary had a talk with him so hopefully this will not happen again. Thanks once again for making our show so successful!

Thanks Paul for the comment on the show and the pictures. We all know who is the real pro when it comes to taking poultry pictures! And it isn't me! Have a great SCDS. Thanks for all the work you have done working for the LF Self Blue recognition of a standard variety!
Gordon Gilliam