Author Topic: 2019 Ameraucana National  (Read 11052 times)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
2019 Ameraucana National
« on: November 14, 2018, 10:10:06 AM »
The South East District has the honor of hosting the National this next year.  Normally we plan to announce this location as early as possible so folks can time their hatches accordingly.  We are also in the process of having the Qualifying meet for the Self Blue LF next year.  This has to take place at an APA District Meet.  We are waiting for those APA directors to place the meets in APA Districts 4 and 12 to see if we can locate the National and combine the two efforts. 

My best guess is hopefully the date will be between mid Nov and mid Dec
We appreciate your patience and will announce this location and date as soon as possible.     
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 03:09:36 PM by Don »
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Cesar “CJ”

• ABC Members
  • One is just not enough
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Ameraucana National
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 12:48:10 PM »
Any chance of holding a National near us folks in the western part of the country? lol

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »
Cesar, yes there is a chance to hold a ABC National Show in the western U.S. The National Show rotates from district to district each year. The 2017 National Show was in my district (North Central) and held in Hutchinson, MN. This year it was the North East turn and held in Greenville, OH. Next year's turn would be the South East District followed by the South Central in 2020. In 2021 it would be the Western District's turn. So that gives members in the Western District until November 15, 2020 to plan and get with their District Director for a location in their district. In the case a ABC District chooses not to host the National Show, it rotates to the next district in line to be the host for the National Show.
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 06:49:34 AM »
I think maybe we've settled on a location for the 2019 National, just trying to tie up a couple loose ends.  So keep posted and hopefully I will announce this before next week.  Get your calendars and incuabators on stand by.   lol.
Don Cash

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 06:19:47 PM »
Okay, After much gnashing of teeth......... etc.  The 2019 ABC National will be held the first weekend of December at the Dixie Classic show in Knoxville Tenn. 

I hope many exhibitors will be able to make it there from the SE as well as surrounding Districts.  Good luck with your Breeding sets, hatches and grow outs this season. 
Don Cash

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 10:08:51 PM »
Would it not have been more convenient to have pushed the ABC nationals back to the Northeast with the Self Blue qualifying going on in Columbus?  So everyone could have had a chance without hardship to attend the ABC nationals.     And then the Southeast pick it back up in 2020....   Just curious and wondering, am I wrong in thinking this way?  Has anyone thought of this????
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Lisa Helms

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 11:20:05 PM »
Yes that would have made a whole lot of sense 

Lisa Helms

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 01:09:06 AM »
I do not understand why it is up for argument.   When it is the district directors turn to pick location.   It shouldnt be up for debate.   Might as well just change the bylaws and let the president and secretary pick

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 11:12:10 AM »
As it stands right now, our Constitution and By-laws do not allow such freedom in placing the National.

And, having two Nationals, back to back, within a couple of hours of each other, would disenfranchise many members who can't make those kind of drives.

We can look at some changes to the Constitution and By-Laws, if needed, in the next election cycle.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Sherry Klaus

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »
Sorry I will not be attending this show . Dec shows are already to iffy for driving with winter weather .
Thanks Don for letting us know 

Lisa Helms

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 06:25:11 PM »
I agree Sherry.  Maybe some day we wont have to drive 6 to 8 hours with wunter weather.    I prefer spring shows anyway

Sherry Klaus

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 02:12:28 AM »
I see Susan mentioned a second National . Where will that one be held and when maybe we can participate in that one ?

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 07:42:50 AM »
I do not understand why it is up for argument.   When it is the district directors turn to pick location.   It shouldnt be up for debate.   Might as well just change the bylaws and let the president and secretary pick

Yes, it is up to the DD in the rotation to pick the location - within their District.  Columbus, Ohio is not in the SE District.  For that to happen for next year, Don would have had to pass it to Paul, Paul would have had to pass it to Jean, Jean would have had to pass it to Gordon, and Gordon would have had to pass it to Larry Clionsky, who would have had to consult with Rob Sando, the incoming DD for the NE.

So the new rotation schedule would have looked like this:

2019: NE
2020: SE
2021: SC
2022: W
2023: NC
2024: back to the NE
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 10:09:44 AM »
I see Susan mentioned a second National . Where will that one be held and when maybe we can participate in that one ?

I don't recall mentioning a second National, but my memory ain't what it used to be.  That would require a change in the Constitution and By-laws and that can only be accomplished in an election year.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 11:38:52 AM »
I know, Lindsey!  Isn't it exciting to have a National in our District, after all this time?

I can't wait for next year!
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm