Author Topic: NY State Fair or Fingerlakes Feather Club Shows in October?  (Read 4309 times)

NY State Fair or Fingerlakes Feather Club Shows in October?
« on: August 24, 2006, 09:17:36 PM »
Is anyone going to either of these shows?

I\'m interested in blue or blue wheatens.

Sue

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 03:57:31 PM »

The New York State Fair is going on now until laborday.
We will be there Saturday September 2nd, because that is the 4-H poultry show, so if your there then great!! we would love to meet you!!
 The Fall show held at the NYS Fairgrounds is the Yankee Fall Classic, on october 22 I think this year, It is actually hosted by 5 or 6 of the NY clubs, fingerlakes being one of them, (it does get confusing being at the same location, but makes it easy to find!) We plan to be there too..it is a better time to be looking at birds to buy, because at state fair it is almost impossible to get in & out of there (the spring show held there is the fingerlakes show)
There is also a fall show in cobelskill on september 24th I think, the Eastern NY show that we also attend.  There is also one in bath I think on september 9th and the Northern Ny show is September 17th in Waddington
 We only have silvers, but others may have wheatons

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »
I will be there on friday & saturday for the 4H events. I will try and be at the poultry buidlig saturday am for the showmanship competition, I have 3 of my 4h youth entered.
I\'ll have my cooperative extension badge on, and probably my shirt with the coop logo on also.

I\'m going to enter a few birds at the Fingerlakes show in October.  I\'ve never done it myself, so I\'m going to give it a try.  Is the Ameraucana club sponsoring there?

I know its difficult for the birds at the state fair, too long for them to be there in a cage I think.

Sue

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 10:24:11 PM »

Well, a last minit change of plans..we decided we will stay home tomorrow...
The forcast is for 3+\" of torrential rains and high winds  :(

Our road has been washed out 4 times so far this summer..and all they do is shove the dirs back in the hole...so we don;t want to get stranded on the \"other side\", so think it best to sit this one out.
Plus, walking 2+ miles wioth the birds in cages pulling a wagon after the show don;t sound too fun with this forcast either!

On the brighter side, i hear 88 opend on one side last night!! Yoo Hoo,  :D even thought they are crossing the traffic over single lane..it looks like we can go to cobelskill after all..without gettign lost in the detour. Now lets just hope it dosent re-wash out in the rain tomorrow

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 03:44:30 PM »
Hi again,

A lot of 4Hers didn\'t show up.  We had only 13 do showmanship.  I think a couple more showed in breed.

It was freezing.  The table was right in front of the main garage door, & the wind blew in all day.  I was helping tally the showmanship points.  Didn\'t finish until 1pm.

I left and didn\'t come back for the awards at 2, I was too cold!

Maybe I\'ll meet you at the October show.  I plan on entering a few birds, and hope some of my 4H kids will also.

Sue