Author Topic: Meeting Minutes  (Read 4547 times)

Michelle Muldowney-Stevens

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Meeting Minutes
« on: February 23, 2019, 12:06:25 PM »
Where can members find minutes from Club meetings? I tried searching the forum but only saw meeting minutes from 11/2015 that were then posted for all members to view 2 months later. Susan mentioned training board members how to write minutes in 7/2017 but I can't find anything recent.

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting Minutes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 02:56:12 PM »
Michelle,  I do not think the club has been in the habit of documenting conference or meeting notes from the meetings I've attended or have known to taken place over the past couple of years.  I am not certain what might have been the practice during the times before I joined the club.  Keeping notes for attendees clarification and obviously my own has been a habit for business meetings thru the years. These are often helpful for looking back and to remind ourselves what we discussed and the direction decided, or to focus action items for attendees to address and or report on in the future.  In my opinion it would be a great step for the meetings at the future meetings both on the National Meeting level and for the District level.  Several years ago Jeff Vance had a great suggestion, that the district have a meeting once a year as well.  I am not sure if some of the other DDs have practiced this in the past and just not kept or maybe just not published minutes or items discussed during these meetings.  Great Idea, I would like for this to become a part of the report for most of the larger shows.  Thanks!    drc     
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 08:29:43 PM »
Where can members find minutes from Club meetings? I tried searching the forum but only saw meeting minutes from 11/2015 that were then posted for all members to view 2 months later. Susan mentioned training board members how to write minutes in 7/2017 but I can't find anything recent.

I said I was going to teach this Board how to do minutes?  LOL  Paul Smith has been doing minutes since long before I was even a member here.  I'm sure he could teach me a few things. I don't recall saying that, but my memory ain't what it used to be; but if I did say it, I'm sure it was meant as a joke.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 01:11:15 PM »
I searched the club before asking because I figured official meeting minutes must be archived here somewhere. I know Paul does wonderful meet reports that we all appreciate reading. Forgive me if those are also meeting minutes. This is the post I was referring to: http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/forum/index.php/topic,3484.msg22986.html#msg22986

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 01:19:36 PM »
I agree, Don. I think minutes are a very important part of not only transparency and to keep members up to date on club details but also so that present and future leadership have insight as to why and when decisions were made. I love your idea of district meeting, too. Those of us within districts, at least those of us out west, rarely see or do not know each other at all. Putting members in contact with each other could be a great way to build camaraderie and to encourage them to travel to see each other at shows, building stronger meets.

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 01:46:27 PM »
LOL!  Yes, I was joking about teaching my birds to write minutes.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 04:53:35 PM »
  I have written about the national shows which includes the national meeting for a long time.  They can be accessed on this forum.  We have had a district meeting ever since we had more than Angela & I to show.  It was always to decide where the majority who were showing, wanted the next years district meet.

The national shows listed by memory.

2000 Hutchinson, MN.
2001 Galax, VA.
2002 Columbus, OH.
2003 Lucasville, OH.
2004 Portage, WI.
2005 Sedalia, MO.
2006 Frankenmuth, MI.
2007 Great Falls, MT.
2008 Hutchinson, MN.
2009 Columbus, OH.
2010 Frankfort, KY.
2011 Indianapolis, IN.
2012 Sedalia, MO.
2013 Great Falls, MT.
2014 Lucasville, OH.
2015 Fayetteville, AR.
2016 Caldwell, ID.
2017 Hutchinson, MN.
2018 Greenville, OH.

The early shows were before the forum was available.
We did not go in 2008, 2009 and 2013.
Paul Smith

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 03:02:10 PM »
Thanks, Paul!

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile