Author Topic: Poultry Place Ad for the club  (Read 5588 times)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Poultry Place Ad for the club
« on: March 23, 2019, 01:03:36 PM »
I am getting questions about the Ad that we voted to restart at the National.   Can anyone say when this is going to start again?
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: Poultry Place Ad for the club
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 06:41:14 PM »
Yes, I remember it.  It is one of the things that got "left behind" in my short term memory lapse from the TIA at the Nationals.  The funds are in the bank, earmarked for the Poultry Press ad (I assume you mean Poultry Press, not Poultry Place).  I've already told Jean that I will create the half page ad next week, when I'm designing the ads for the ABA yearbook.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 06:42:19 PM »
I should add, this is not a "re-start" of any regular advertising schedule with Poultry Press, but a single half-page ad, featuring the winners from our 40th Anniversary National.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 03:43:04 PM »
We also voted to restart the classified ad in the Poultry Press, and restart the articles!
Paul Smith

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 06:12:45 PM »
We also voted to restart the classified ad in the Poultry Press, and restart the articles!

That is not how I remember it, Paul.  Perhaps Gordon, or some of the others that were there, could speak up.

Poultry Press has not been, in the past, advantageous to us, for advertising.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 07:02:43 PM »
From my memory on the discussion about Poultry Press Ads and articles at the 2018 ABC National Show Meeting, I thought that we voted to start advertising again on a regular basis to see if Poultry Press would start publishing our articles again when they are submitted. It was discussed that Poultry Press was ignoring ABC articles that were being submitted and showed favoritism to AA articles. Many of the members thought that this was because AA had been advertising with them and we had not. I thought we voted to start advertising again, submit articles on a regular basis and see if that would correct the issue.
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 07:23:28 PM »
Well, my apologies, I only remembered the Poultry Press 1/2 page ad for the National.  I will get that re-started for the next issue.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 11:57:05 AM »
Who is going to write the monthly articles?  I know it became a problem because only a couple people on the Board would write one every now and then.  This cannot become another responsibility of the Secretary/Treasurer position.

Jean

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 01:16:26 PM »
I think a good kick off for articles would be an article from our ABC President with promotion of our club. A brief club history and why join the ABC. Make it a special invitation to join from our President. If we could set up a schedule for each DD, Secretary/Treasurer telling what is going on in their district, results of recent shows in their district or in the case of Sec/Treas behind the scene of the ABC. Projection of what new or past things have been going on or are on the horizon for the ABC. This would account for half of the years total of articles. Don would have a natural with lead in to our 2019 ABC National Show. Perhaps Paul could highlight past accomplishments for the recognition of the LF Self Blues leading up to the next hurdle in Ohio. We have some great Junior members that might be willing to give their view on the ABC from a Junior Members perspective. After all, we do raise poultry and are members of the ABC. What a great chance to CROW about the ABC.
Gordon Gilliam

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 09:48:15 AM »
  One more thing that was left behind.  A search to see if at least 5 ABC members have bred self blue bantams for at least 5 years and maintained an APA membership, so the recognition process could begin for them.  If the requirements could not be filled, then the vote was to start the recognition process with the large fowl splash.
Paul Smith

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 03:24:50 PM »
Yes Paul, That is correct. I remember the discussion on the subject. How do we stand on the issue of 5 Self Blue Breeders with 5 years working with the variety and meet the APA membership status?
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 07:13:23 PM »
That is a a good point, thanks for remembering that discussion. 

It might be a good segway into a thread about those varieites and the work completed and still required.
I will start another thread with a follow up to the next steps for color acceptance.  Paul and Gordon, please feel free to add to this info that relative or if you know someone who wants to spearhead one of the colors. 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9