Author Topic: Surgery is scheduled - Update  (Read 3085 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Surgery is scheduled - Update
« on: March 27, 2019, 04:43:32 PM »
Update - Surgery is now firm, and scheduled 5/21.

I have just gotten back home from meeting with the otolaryngologist that will be 1/2 of the surgical team.  The other half, Dr. Vender, neurologist, I won't see until Friday.  The surgery is tentatively scheduled for April 30th and it will take 3-5 hours.  There will be a 5 day hospital stay following the surgery, and he never answered my question about recovery.  There are some check boxes that must be marked before the surgery, so that is why that date is, for now, tentative.

The good news, or at least I think it is good news, is that the brain, part of the temporal lobe, has herniated through the gap in the brain pan.  While that does make the surgery a riskier procedure, it also means that it could be the cause of these episodes, which in turn means, they could stop following the surgery. Time will tell.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:28:50 AM by Susan Mouw »
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Surgery is, tentatively, scheduled
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 07:58:59 PM »
Susan, we will be praying for you, your surgery and recovery.That is quite a handle (otolaryngologist) for your Doctor. I won't even try to pronounce it!
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: Surgery is, tentatively, scheduled
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 10:21:10 AM »
Susan, we will be praying for you, your surgery and recovery.That is quite a handle (otolaryngologist) for your Doctor. I won't even try to pronounce it!

If I have it correctly, it is pronounced:

Oh Toe Lair In Gol (like Golly) Oh Gist

lol...that's how I read it, anyhow
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com