The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Exhibiting & Promoting

Self Blue Ameraucana Bantam Approval Process

<< < (5/5)

Don:
I should have mentioned also that we only had one Splash entry at the Knoxville show. It was a very nice bantam pullet and I am sure could be put to good use to create more blues. The requirement for acceptance in both the ABA and APA requires greater numbers be shown.  I've seen where some of the Blue breeders treat them as culls and sell them off soon after hatch. So you would hope that would help spread the blue and splash varieties around a bit more. Jerry mentioned that he had been working with them for many years. Anyone else by chance?   

far149:
I have had Self-Blue Bantams since 2011 and meet the APA membership requirement. I'll gladly help.

Don:
Thanks Aaron. Paul mentioned your name and willingness to help. I think Lindsay said we had enough to get the required 5 breeder documents.  Hopefully more news will come soon. Stay tuned.   
Thanks!    drc   

Don:
Aaron and Paul,  I have a breeder in TX who is trying to find some Self Blue Bantam stock locally.  Do you know of others in the state or surrounding area that are working with the bantam variety now?   Thanks!   drc 

Don:
Thanks Paul and Aaron for the emails. Hopefully this will work out for this breeder to get some Self Blue Bantam stock sometime this season thru one of the contacts you provided. But please keep an eye out for others in that part of the country who might want to create a good showing at the Norman OK National this season. At the very least it would make an eye catching class of the variety and hopefully interest some others in working with the color in bantam as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version