Author Topic: Update on the transition from me to the new Secty/Treasurer, Dana Smith  (Read 2936 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
The first phase of the transition, electronic transfer of files, is now complete, pending Dana's final download.  This was, and had to be, broken into two steps, with the first step of zipping and transferring the "working directory" for ABC to Dana.  That working directory, even zipped, was over 2.2 GB of data/history/info.

The next step in that phase was the transfer of the ABC website files and that was recently completed and is now in Dana's capable hands.  This was another huge transfer of over 2 GB of data/files/images.

The next step is setting up all the various tools that we use to maintain website, forum, and all the other hats the Secty/Treasurer wears. 

The final step will be going through the various processes (new members, meet requests, meet reports, etc) with Dana so there is no gap.  Well, actually there is already a gap as I have saved back examples from each of the above to use as training guides for Dana.  With her background, and education, however, I expect she will pick these processes up very quickly and, just as quickly, have ideas on how to improve on those existing processes.

All of the above will be done by her official start date of 5/15/19. 

Thank you, Dana, for stepping up to the plate!

Update on my surgery: It is still scheduled for 5/21.  The cardiology reports are both in (nuclear stress test and echocardiogram) and, with one minor issue on the stress test, all is clear and I'm approved to go forward with the surgery.  I have been told I will be spending 5-6 days in the hospital and for the first week at home, will have a drain tube in my head (this is done to prevent a build up of fluid around the brain).  The neurologist that is 1/2 of the surgical team has already told me no electronic devices during that first week! (How did he know he needed to emphasize that?), so no phone, no laptop - I can't even watch TV - it's going to be a very rough week. lol

Please forgive any delays in processing new members, meet request, meet reports, etc over the last month and during this transition, and place the blame squarely on my shoulders.  My little "episodes" are more frequent, and my energy levels are not what they used to be.

Hopefully all will be healed and I'll be ready to go again this fall, as I have several shows on my "wish list" to attend!  Hope to see many of my friends at some of the shows this fall - just ignore the new mohawk haircut - it will grow back.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Good luck on your surgery Susan.  I know you and Barry look forward to getting back on the mend sooner.  God Bless! 

When you are ready can you post info for contact emails etc for the full transfer to Dana.  I am sure she will do well and everyone will be understanding while she gets comfortable with the new jobs.   
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Our "official" email addresses of info@ameraucanabreedersclub.org, sales@ameraucanabreedersclub.org, and meets@ameraucanabreedersclub.org will all forward automatically to her personal email address, just like they do now to mine.

I did it that way to prevent all the spam cluttering up our personal email boxes, that becomes prevalent when an email address is listed on websites, FB pages, etc.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com