Author Topic: 2019 NC ABC District Meet  (Read 4150 times)

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
2019 NC ABC District Meet
« on: September 10, 2019, 11:49:46 PM »
The entry forms are now available to download for the Central Illinois Poultry Show. Just go to Poultry Show Central.com and search by state (Illinois) and look for Central Illinois Poultry Show. The show will be at the McLean Interstate Center in Bloomington, IL on October 5, 2019. This will be the ABC North Central District Meet for 2019. Ameraucana Breeders Club may be spelled wrong on the entry form, but be assured that this is an ABC sanctioned meet. Come bring your best birds and show the poultry world how to spell AMERAUCANA! Be assured the word Ameraucana is spelled right on the Trophies! Entry deadline is September 25, 2019. I hope to see you there!
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 NC ABC District Meet
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 05:55:14 PM »
I have been having email correspondence with the Central Illinois Poultry Show Superintendent Kurt Gerdes. Due to the unavailable Pullorum antigen, the State of Illinois Department of Agriculture is waving testing of birds. Here is the reply that I got from Kurt:

Yes our club is waiving the health inspections. Will look forward to having you and your friends at our show.

Remember, entry deadline is just a few days away!
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »
Just a reminder, entry post mark deadline for the ABC NC District meet is tomorrow September 25, 2019.
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 02:14:59 PM »
The NC District Meet at Bloomington IL on Oct 5 has come and gone. There were 13 entries in the LF Open classes and 22 entries in the Bantam Open CLASSES. Junior Show had 2 entries in LF, none in Bantam. District Meet Champion Ameraucana went to Jerry DeSmidt on a LF White pullet which was BV BB Best AOSB. Reserve Champion Ameraucana went to Danielle Tollakson, Argyle WI. on a LF Blue pullet. Junior Champion Ameraucana went to Andrew Rogier, Highland IL. Results on the show:

LF CLASSES

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 04:55:15 PM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 02:57:47 PM »
BANTAM CLASSES: Sorry but Jerry had most of his bantams boxed to go home so not many pictures of BV or RV Bantam varieties. Here are the results of the Ameraucana Bantam Classes with what pictures I did get taken.

BLACK                   BV k by Jerry DeSmidt                         RV p by Jerry DeSmidt 
BLUE                     BV k by Jerry Desmidt                          RV h by Jerry Desmidt
WHEATEN              BV c by Jerry DeSmidt                          RV p by Jerry DeSmidt
BLUE WHEATEN     BV p by Jerry DeSmidt                           RV c by Jerry DeSmidt
WHITE                  BV BB BEST AOCCL p by Jerry DeSmidt   RV RB RES AOCCL h by Jerry DeSmidt
BUFF                    BV p by Jerry Desmidt                            RV c by Jerry DeSmidt
AOV                     SELF BLUE BV BAOV c by Jerry DeSmidt   BV RAOC  Splash c by Jerry Desmidt

Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 03:35:56 PM »
Our Junior Show Champion Ameraucana was a Black cockerel by Andrew Rogier of Highland IL. As you can see from the picture I was not busy all of the time, but did get a chance to visit with some inquiries of the Breed and hand out a few membership applications.
Gordon Gilliam

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 08:22:19 PM »
Thanks gorden for taking all the great pictures sorry if I would have known you needed pictures of the bantams I could have taken them for you