The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Breeding

Crele Ameraucana Project Color

<< < (2/5) > >>

Spencer:
Thanks again Don for letting me look over your Bantam Chickens by Fred Jeffrey, attached is an excerpt from his book pertaining to the crele colour.

Spencer:
Also, thought Id add a few pics of this year's breeders to better document the progress over time. The first pic of blks and creles have been living together since April 2019, theyve mated with each other since maturity. The other blk cock and hens I picked up at nationals, I hope they mate well with the creles. I think the 2nd Male will help bring down the high tailset the oegb carry, but the pic is more drastic than how he typically carries it.  Also added a pic of the bantam Dominiques being used in my barred project. I plan to cross the 2 lines in future generations for diversity and to work on the crele barring.

Don:
I'm Glad your project is going well Spencer. The pictures are very helpful. I hope you raise a good group of these project for your next steps....
I also hope you have good luck raising a nice crop of the birds you picked up from the Knoxville National. I think you have some nice starts there. I hope you can figure out a way to get you and or some birds to the National in Norman OK later this year. Several of my pens have taken to eating eggs. Quite frustrating. So I have my work cut out for me too. 

Spencer:
Thanks Don! With the newborn in March and moving/renovating in our new home, I won't be able to start hatching till April-June. I'll show a few at the Dixie classic show which was moved to January 2021.

If I hatch a few before April and if someone is driving thru TN on i40 I'd help with gas if they could show a few birds at nationals for me and I'd donate them to the silent auction. I've talked about nationals with Lisa and personally attending won't be an option.

I plan to hatch about 100 project eggs, and 50 whites & 50 blacks.. but time will tell especially if any issues occur.

What variety has started eating the eggs? I still plan on swapping some eggs if it works out on both of our ends.

Don:
Spencer, it's always the Good birds, the ones you hope to raise from that get into trouble with something. But I am working out some blind roll away nests to help with the issue. I will send you an email with more detail. And certainly, we can trade some eggs later in the season when they are more productive and we both have incubators working well.       Thanks!  And Please tell your family we say hello, too!   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version