Author Topic: While in Quarantine  (Read 2530 times)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
While in Quarantine
« on: March 23, 2020, 09:20:52 AM »
 - borrowed from a friend -

Shakespear Wrote King Lear

Isaac Newton discovered gravity and developed Calculas

Under house arrest, Paul wrote parts of the New Testament

In prison, John Bunyan wrote Pilgrim's Pride

What can I do while staying Home..........
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: While in Quarantine
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 11:23:52 AM »
Don, Gas prices keep plummeting, but I don't take advantage of it. I only go to the feed store for chicken feed every week or 10 days or so. Trips to the grocery store maybe twice a week. Yesterday was the first that I put gas in my car in about 2 weeks. My daughter has been working totally at home for over 2 weeks now. All sports events, movie theaters, Broadway Across America shows, church gatherings, trips to visit those in nursing homes, dining out (not even going through the drive through), visiting friends and relatives are gone. I pretty much just stay at home, go out and watch and talk to my chickens when the weather is tolerable. Feeding chores go on even during inclement weather. I spend time watching some tv and movies on direct tv. I don't watch the sports channels as there is nothing new there! I spend time on the computer and phone trying to get reimbursed for season tickets, upcoming sports events, motel reservations etc. made and paid for. So far a lot of promises but very little follow through! I am not as talented as Shakespeare, Apostle Paul,
or John Bunyan, so writing is out! I'm definitely not in Isaac Newton's class! So those areas are out. I just hope that this Coronavirus starts slowing down and becomes a thing of the past so our fall show season and ABC National Show can go on as planned. I'm coming down with the fever, not the Coronavirus fever, but the fever to show my Ameraucanas!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:27:22 AM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 01:19:16 PM »
Gordon, I agree things get a little boring in the house. My wife is working from home, so she is keeping me on my toes and has a long list for me. I have been trying to catch up on yard work when the weather is decent. Our spring is here and we are already mowing the yard. It is nice to see the spring flowers and buds. It just doesnt feel quite like spring here though for some reason. I was able to arrange for a feed store delivery to make sure I have a supply for a time. They were out of the pellets that I use for the LF last week as people are buying similar to TP. We will go to the grocery store later this week to buy as much as we can for my daughter and DIL families. It's good to visit with the grandkids too either thru the glass doors or thru social media, not quite the same though. 

I did have a bit of a surprise last night. I've had some mice working in the feed room, set some traps and have caught a few. But last evening I was checking the traps at dusk. Opened the door and was surprised by a family of sugar gliders enjoying themselves. I know they are not indigenous here. So has someone close by lost a cage of gliders or is this a new invasive species?  Live and Learn I guess. 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 01:53:52 PM »
Mow the grass Don? A few days ago, I couldn't even see it with a 2 inch layer of snow! 3 weeks ago we saw a few robins, but now I think most have headed your way for warmer times!
Gordon Gilliam