Author Topic: South East District Meets  (Read 3686 times)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
South East District Meets
« on: March 27, 2020, 12:48:07 AM »
We have a few meets suggested for the fall in the SE District.  Feel free to drop me a note if you want to request a meet or if you want to orchestrate some locations for members actively showing to gather for shows.  Have a Great hatching season.       drccash@yahoo.com   
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Re: South East District Meets
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 06:35:39 PM »
Or you can use the automated meet request page on our website.  :)

http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/meet_req.html
Jean

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 08:42:01 AM »
We currently have a couple of meet requests for the fall of 2020 when this quarantine is lifted or at least modified to allow groups in some fashion. I am not sure how this might change shows as we know them. Please feel free to talk to your local show clubs and see where and how they may plan for events these next seasons.

Virginia Poultry Breeders Club, Ruther Glen VA. Nov 21
Forsyth Show, Winston Salem NC. Thanksgiving Weekend Nov 30 - Pending
Don Cash

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 11:02:50 AM »
Don, our local poultry club is experiencing just what you have notated. We are trying to get a contract signed for late November 2020. This would be our 136th year of a poultry show (137th but 2015 show cancelled due to AI restrictions by the state). We have yet to get a signed contract for this years show. The event center where we hold our meets has been shut down for the past 2 months or so. We were in negotiating stages in January, but now with all of the cancelled events, many spring/summer cancelled events also trying to reschedule for fall. The last I heard, the board members are to meet next week to determine a plan for the remainder of the year. It sounds like the county fair in August is off. No fair, no open shows, perhaps 4H shows but by virtual means. How do you fairly judge a show by pictures only? How many pictures of each entry would be required to account for DQ birds? Items such as split wing, wry tail, leg color, ear lobe color, muff and beard, weight standards and etc. With all of the confusion and uncertainty can we even see a light at the end of the tunnel at this point?
Gordon Gilliam

Michelle Horne

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 11:54:32 AM »
As a new member,  I would love to attend a meeting.  Only problem for me is that I still work a full time job.  Fortunately being a NICU nurse means job security. The bad part about it is that we make our schedules MONTHS ahead of time.  For instance,  we've already filled out and closed scheduling through July.   So for me to even consider being able to attend I would have to know dates well ahead of time.  Or, if they are within a easily drivable distance and on my 3 day weekend off. 

Trust me,  it makes planning for anything fun very challenging!

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 02:16:16 PM »
Michelle, you have one ace in the hole! You do not have to be present to win the new member drawing at the ABC National show in Norman OK. It would be great to see you there, but hopefully your schedule will work out to make some closer shows. Good luck on the drawing!
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »
I am sure some of the fall shows are trying to see their way clear to have shows this fall. We will see how that works out as the summer and fall firm up. I know the Virginia Poultry Breeders have a meet this fall that is planned to proceed at this point.  And I heard that the Winston Salem NC show is putting their show together, I don't think they've hired judges just yet. And this is a popular show with some in the NC and adjoining areas. That show is always the saturday after Thanksgiving. I will post this as soon as I hear back from the show staff and hope for the best. 

Most fall shows in the SE region are the weekends late Oct to the second week in Dec. Let me know If you see a show that you want to attend. We can talk about the others who might be able to bolster a meet at that location. I don't know if there are many active shows in your area besides Anderson SC. That is a bantam club but I have been told that they decided to buy LF cages which will be great for the Ameraucana breeders finally.   Take a look at the Poultry Show Central source. Always confirm dates with the show secretary especially with the unknowns we are dealing with at this time.

There is a show in Morganton NC though I've not seen more than a couple AMs shown there thru the years.

https://www.poultryshowcentral.com/South_Carolina.html
Don Cash

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 02:08:11 PM »

Given that the restrictions will continue to be lessened and that people want to get out to show. 
These are the most popular shows and dates of fall shows that are closer to our area. I know there are others that might be closer to some of the membership. Please let me know if you have shows where you'd like to have meets placed near you.  These dates are taken from Poultry Show Central, please let me know if any of the dates need to be corrected.       Thanks!    drc

Cape Fear PC, Smithfield NC          October 24, 2020
Friendship PC, Morganton NC         October 31, 2020

OE Jamboree, China Grove            Nov 7, 2020
+Canadian Valley Mega Show          Nov 7, 2020  ABC National Norman OK.

+Virginia Poultry Breeders Club       November 21, 2020
Appalachian Classic Morehead KY    November 21, 2020
Anderson All Breed show, SC        November 21, 2020

+Forsyth Poultry Show, Winston-Salem NC   Nov 28, 2020
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 11:17:56 AM by Don »
Don Cash

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 11:51:38 AM »
I am staying in touch with the Winston Salem, NC host club and they are still trying to get a contract with the Fair Board for their fall show. The fair board is being careful and wants to make sure the virus postitive tests are doing better before they allow gatherings on the grounds. It will be posted here as soon as it's confirmed one way or the other. Keep the Saturday after Thanksgiving penciled in for now. They usually have a good show with great hospitalitiy and an great location too.

There is still time to place meets in your area if the shows feel comfortable to hold their shows this fall. 
Stay safe and cool out there watching those young birds.    drc 
Don Cash