The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Exhibiting & Promoting

Bird prep and what not

<< < (2/2)

Lindsay Helton:

--- Quote from: Birdcrazy on July 11, 2020, 12:55:06 AM ---Stephan, I like to use Blue Ribbon Show Shampoo on my birds. I give a bath 4-5 days before the show. Start with a tub with shampoo, then rinse by dipping in 3 more successive tubs of water. I found that 10 gal totes filled about 3/4 full works well for LF. Start with the first tote filled with shampoo and warm water. Then dip the bird in the second tote of warm water, then the 3rd tote of warm water, then finally the 4th tote of warm water. Then I use a bath towel to dry the bird off. Put the bird in a clean cage and let it preen itself. They recommend not to use a hair dryer as this will sometimes curl and misshape feathers. You can do several birds and when the water starts to get fairly dirty, just start over with new shampoo and rinse totes. On show day just a touch up with a damp rag if needed. I get my Blue Ribbon Shampoo from Smith Poultry And Gamebird Supply out of Bucyrus KS.(just south of Kansas City, Kansas). They also travel and sell at various poultry shows. Good luck at your County Fair!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

Gordon, is this still where you get your show shampoo? A member is on the lookout for the Blue Ribbon shampoo.

Birdcrazy:
Yes Lindsay, this is where I buy my Blue Ribbon Show Shampoo. They always seem to have it in stock. I last purchased some in October, just before our North Central District Meet. Their catalog is on their website. If I remember right they quit printing a hard copy last summer due to fluctuating prices. If your party has trouble finding the website just give John or Terry Smith a call at 913-879-2587 - 7:30 A. M. - 3 P. M  CST  Monday-Friday.       

Minimum order $10.00

Birdcrazy:
The Blue Ribbon Shampoo is in their catalog. Click on Disinfectants, wormers, pesticides, and live traps in the left hand column. Blue Ribbon Show Shampoo is about 1/3 down the page. 8oz $10.00.

Lindsay Helton:
Thank you Gordon!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version