Author Topic: Poultry Show Abbreviations  (Read 1878 times)

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Poultry Show Abbreviations
« on: August 08, 2020, 06:44:58 PM »
I wanted to start a series of educational posts about showing our Ameraucanas. Let’s start by going over some of the poultry show abbreviations we may encounter when showing our Ameraucanas:

LF- Large Fowl

B, BT, BTM- Bantam

APA- American Poultry Association

ABA- American Bantam Association

BB- Best of Breed (For example, this would be “first place” out of all the Ameraucanas that are shown in the approved color varieties at a poultry show. This is awarded in both large fowl and bantam).

RB- Reserve of Breed (For example, this would be “second place” out of all the Ameraucanas that are shown in the approved color varieties at a poultry show. This will be awarded in both large fowl and bantam).

BV- Best of Variety (For example, the Ameraucana that is ranked “1st” out of all the cocks, hens, cockerels and pullets that are shown of a particular color variety).

RV- Reserve of Variety (For example, the Ameraucana that is ranked “2nd” out of all the cocks, hens, cockerels and pullets that are shown of a particular color variety).

C- Cock (Male, 1 year of age and older)

K- Cockerel (Male, under the age of 1)

H- Hen (Female, 1 year of age and older)

P- Pullet (Female, under the age of 1)

YT- Young Trio (2 pullets and a cockerel)

OT- Old Trio (2 hens and a cock)

AOV- Any Other Variety (A color variety that is being shown that is not currently approved)

DQ- Disqualification (A disqualification debars a fowl from receiving an award)

A.O.S.B. - All Other Standard Breeds (This the class our large fowl Ameraucanas are shown in)

A.O.C.C.L.- All Other Comb Clean Legged (This is the class our bantam Ameraucanas are shown in)

CH.- Champion

RES.- Reserve
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 02:29:52 PM by Lindsay Helton »
Joshua 24:15

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Poultry Show Abbreviations
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 07:40:19 PM »
Lindsay, I am studying the info hard for the closed book (Forum) test. I hope to pass. Are you grading on actual score, or on a curve?
Gordon Gilliam

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 09:22:29 PM »
I think I’ll grade on a curve, with a bonus question asking who your favorite ABC secretary is! Careful, the bonus question can result in positive or negative points.  ;)
Joshua 24:15

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 10:58:56 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!
Gordon Gilliam