Author Topic: North Central 2020 District Meet at Beaver Dam Pigeon and Poultry Show  (Read 5845 times)

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
What a crazy world we live in with dealing with the Coronavirus. Jerry Desmidt informed me last night that the Beaver Dam Pigeon and Bantam Show is at the Dodge County Fairgrounds Beaver Dam, WI not the Jefferson County Fair Park in Jefferson WI. I just talked with Dan Schwandt and confirmed this. At this time the Show is still scheduled to take place on October 10, 2020. Venue was changed because of a 50 person limit at Jefferson due to Coronavirus restrictions. Thanks Jerry for notifying me of the change of venue. This will be our 2020 North Central District Meet for this year!
Gordon Gilliam

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
The website has been updated to reflect the change in venue and address.
Joshua 24:15

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: North Central 2020 District Meet at Beaver Dam Pigeon and Poultry Show
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 04:20:45 PM »
Have you been sitting around weekends because your planned poultry show has been cancelled? I just talked with Dan Schwandt with the Beaver Dam WI show and it is on for October 10th. This will be the 2020 ABC NC District Meet. Not doing anything that weekend? Drive up and join us. Better yet enter a few birds that have been craving to strut their stuff all year, only to stay at home due to cancelled shows. All health testing has been wavered due to the Pullorum Antigen shortage. Entries must be postmarked by September 28, 2020. If you need a catalog and entry form, drop me an email and I will email them back to you. Due to the uncertainty of cancelled shows this year, I did not order trophys. Instead there will be cash awards for current ABC members. $50 Champion Ameraucana, $25 Reserve Champ Ameraucana and $25 Junior Champ Ameraucana.
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 10:18:08 AM »
Just a friendly reminder that the postmark entry deadline for the Beaver Dam Poultry Show is one week from today (Sept 28th). It will be the 2020 ABC North Central District Meet. Cash prizes in lieu of trophys. I hope to see you there!
Gordon Gilliam

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 10:01:23 AM »
I would like to congratulate Gordan on the BB bantam ameraucana at the Beaver Dam Pigeon and Poultry show which was our NC district meet. He won on a very nice black pullet.

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 10:29:56 AM »
Congratulations Gordon on your win. I'm glad you are working with bantams again to give Jerry a run for his money.  Congratulations to all the winners. Sounds like it was a successful show and I look forward to hearing more about it after you all get rested up.    Thanks!   drc 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 01:28:42 PM »
I would like to congratulate Gordan on the BB bantam ameraucana at the Beaver Dam Pigeon and Poultry show which was our NC district meet. He won on a very nice black pullet.

Congrats Gordon!

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 04:10:13 PM »
Thanks all, but most of the credit belongs to the pullet and Jeff and Sherry Vance. She came in a box of day old chicks back when the weather was not so nice. We had a good Ameraucana showing at Beaver Dam with 34 LF and 34 Bantam. Working on the show report there were 20 Ameraucana exhibitors. Jerry gives out congrats, but he won Champion Ameraucana on a Black Cockerel who was also Champion AOSB. Competition was great as there were several outstanding birds. ABC member Gary Rossman entered a very nice Blue Cockerel Bantam. Then there was Jerry DeSmidt who entered his large number of Ameraucanas in LF and Bantam. As usual, his birds are very tough to beat. I will get some pictures on the Forum as soon as i get the show report done and submitted.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 04:12:01 PM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 09:27:07 PM »
Thanks all, but most of the credit belongs to the pullet and Jeff and Sherry Vance. She came in a box of day old chicks back when the weather was not so nice. We had a good Ameraucana showing at Beaver Dam with 34 LF and 34 Bantam. Working on the show report there were 20 Ameraucana exhibitors. Jerry gives out congrats, but he won Champion Ameraucana on a Black Cockerel who was also Champion AOSB. Competition was great as there were several outstanding birds. ABC member Gary Rossman entered a very nice Blue Cockerel Bantam. Then there was Jerry DeSmidt who entered his large number of Ameraucanas in LF and Bantam. As usual, his birds are very tough to beat. I will get some pictures on the Forum as soon as i get the show report done and submitted.

I have seen a photo of that bantam blue cockerel and it looked really nice!

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 09:34:47 PM »
Here are the pictures of winners for LF Ameraucana at the Beaver Dam Show. Sorry that my pictures are not as Paul Smith's as he is the real pro at picture taking in the ABC. Here are the winners in LF.
     Black- BV, BB, Champion Americana of the District Meet, Champion AOSB-K by Jerry DeSmidt
     Black- RV RB - P by Jerry DeSmidt
     Blue- BV- P by Elayna Schuld
     Blue- RV- K- by Haylie Habeck
     Blue Wheaten BV - H by Jada Spiegel
     Blue Wheaten RV - C by Tanner Reinhardt (Sorry I either deleted picture by mistake or failed to take one)
     Wheaten- BV -C by Kyle and Mary Zimdars
     Wheaten- RV- H by Tanner Reinhardt
     White- BV- K by Jerry DeSmidt
     White - RV- P by Jerry Desmidt
     Splash- BV - P by Gordon Gilliam
Will be back soon with Bantam results
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 10:03:44 PM »
Here is a picture of myself presenting the prize money to Happy Jerry DeSmidt for overal Ameraucana Champion of our 2020 NC District Meet. His Black cockerel won BV, BB, Best overall Ameraucana, Champion AOSB. You can't do much better than that. I'm rooting for you to win Best of Show. Jerry travels many miles with very large numbers of entries promoting the Ameraucana Breed and the ABC each year. Thank you Jerry for your commitment to the Ameraucana breed and the ABC!
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 11:09:25 PM »
Here are the results and pics for the Beaver Dam 2020 NC District Meet.
     Bantam Black BV, BB, Reserve Champ Ameraucana - P by Gordon Gilliam
     Bantam Black RV - K -by Gary Rossman
     Bantam Blue BV - K by Gary Rossman
     Bantam Blue RV -P by Gordon Gilliam
     Bantam Blue Wheaten BV- H by Jerry DeSmidt
     Bantam Blue Wheaten RV - K BY Jerry DeSmidt
     Bantam Buff BV - H by Jerry DeSmidt
     Bantam Buff RV - P by Jerry DeSmidt
     Bantam Wheaten BV - P by Jerry DeSmidt
     Bantam Wheaten RV - C by Jerry Desmidt

see next post for remainder of Bantam pics and results
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 11:12:23 PM »
The rest of Bantam Ameraucana pics and results for our 2020 NC District Meet.

Bantam White BV, RB - P by Jeryy DeSmidt
     Bantam White RV- P by Jerry DeSmidt
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 11:16:22 PM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2020, 07:50:56 PM »
Thank you for taking photos and uploading them! I enjoyed looking through them.

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2020, 08:54:11 PM »
The pictures show a lot of nice Ameraucana exhibited and the large number of exhibitors is nice number also. I like the blue pullet especially. I hope you can raise a good group of those and get them spread around. It's good to see more varieties shown as well.       Thanks for the great report. 

I needed to zoom in to see which one was Jerry with the masks, caps and glasses. It would be great to get some nice ABC hats. I might have to look at some AM variety hat designs.   
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9