Author Topic: The passing of Clif Redden  (Read 2204 times)

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
The passing of Clif Redden
« on: October 29, 2020, 06:11:49 PM »
I have been notified that Clif Redden has passed away.

Clif served as President of the Ameraucana Breeders Club for four years. He was a mentor and friend to many people.

The visitation will be held at the Brown Winters funeral home in Miami, Oklahoma from 5-7 PM on Sunday, November 1st.  The funeral will be held at the United in Christ church in Quapaw, Oklahoma. They have not selected a time for the funeral yet but it will be held on Monday, November 2nd.

Our prayers go out to his family and friends.

Joshua 24:15

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: The passing of Clif Redden
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 06:28:19 PM »
An amazing man, on so many levels.

Clif and I had kept in contact over the years, even after he retired from breeding Ameraucanas.  Most of our conversations were about our faith and the times we were in.  We didn't always agree on our interpretation of the Scriptures, but we always agreed that our faith, our salvation, and our friendship were more important than any minor disagreement over interpretation.

It's strange, really.  We had just chatted about a week ago and he had asked me to do some research on a specific verse.  Last week was a tough week for me, personally, and I had not gotten around to doing that research.  While he'll not ever see those results, I'm still going to do the research and write it down - just as if I was sending it to him.  While I've shed tears over the loss today, I did have to chuckle a bit at one thing.  Now he's in heaven and getting all the answers first-hand!  Wish I could call him and ask him which of us was right.

God Speed, Clif Redden.  Until we meet again.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 07:34:01 PM »
An amazing man, on so many levels.

Clif and I had kept in contact over the years, even after he retired from breeding Ameraucanas.  Most of our conversations were about our faith and the times we were in.  We didn't always agree on our interpretation of the Scriptures, but we always agreed that our faith, our salvation, and our friendship were more important than any minor disagreement over interpretation.

It's strange, really.  We had just chatted about a week ago and he had asked me to do some research on a specific verse.  Last week was a tough week for me, personally, and I had not gotten around to doing that research.  While he'll not ever see those results, I'm still going to do the research and write it down - just as if I was sending it to him.  While I've shed tears over the loss today, I did have to chuckle a bit at one thing.  Now he's in heaven and getting all the answers first-hand!  Wish I could call him and ask him which of us was right.

God Speed, Clif Redden.  Until we meet again.

Praying for you Susan.
Joshua 24:15

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 09:31:30 PM »
Clif was a good friend and mentor to many of us in the ABC besides being ABC President. I am fortunate to have his bloodlines in my breeding stock. As Susan said, Clif really knows all of the answers now.
Gordon Gilliam

Kelly Gore

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 10:19:57 PM »
Condolences to his family and friends. Although I had never met in person, phone and email only, you could tell what a special person he was. We lost a special person today.