Author Topic: Indianapolis - Crossroads of America Show  (Read 4059 times)

Mike Gilbert

Indianapolis - Crossroads of America Show
« on: October 19, 2006, 06:29:02 PM »
I have rented a 10 foot by 10 foot sale area at Indianapolis for use as a meeting place & sale area for ABC members.
Any member that has Ameraucana large fowl or bantams to sell or deliver is welcome to use it.  I will only have about 3 or 4 bantams there myself.   It would be appreciated if users would help defray the $50 cost with a small donation, but not required.    This area is not to be used for other breeds, nor for easter egger/\"americana\" chickens.   Use will be limited to representative specimens of the Ameraucana breed.   If anyone is interested in putting sale birds there, I would appreciate a heads up.   I would suggest use of some kind of lock on your sale cages.   Bring your own as cages will not be provided.    We expect to use some signage so the area will be convenient to find and use as a meeting place.  Any suggestions?

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 07:18:25 PM »
Mike,

I will be at the Indy show and plan to show a trio of Wheaten LF and one LF Black pullet.  I would like to take you up on your offer; let me know how to proceed. I have a couple of extra LF Blue cockerels that I would like to sell.  These birds are all from Paul Smith\'s breeding programs.  As far as being a member, I recently joined the club but am not sure if the paperwork has been processed.  

Mark Campbell

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 07:44:41 PM »
Mark, just bring the sale birds, along with a cage or container for displaying them.    Nothing else is required, except you will be responsible for feeding & watering your own birds, and you will be responsible for their safety of course.   We\'ll try to arrange to have a club member or designate there at all times if possible, and that person may be entrusted to sell for others if asked. I\'ll look forward to seeing you there!   This is a good start;  any other takers?

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 08:29:49 PM »
Mike/Mark;

I will be at the Crossroads show Saturday, November 18th, and I would like to purchase 3 or 4 different color Ameraucana Large Fowl pullets or young hens (culls) for the back yard, to give us a few blue eggs and keep our White Rock company.  I don\'t breed or show, and I\'m new to chickens.  Mark and I have already talked a little about me buying a Black from him.  I am looking for either a) Red Brown, b) Blue, c) Black, d) Wheaton, e) Silver, or f) Buff, in order of preference.  

I look forward to meeting some of the people whose posts I have read - sounds like a real nice crowd.   :D

Thanks, Rich.  

John

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 08:32:45 PM »
not sure if the paperwork has been processed

It\'s in the mail.
I\'ll chip in $10 and have a few more of those LF buff cockerels to try to sell.

bantamhill

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 09:37:32 PM »
I have two large fowl show pens I could bring for selling cages . . . there would be space for 4 sets of birds. Let me know if I need to bring them . . . I will chip in $10. I know I will not have birds to fill all of the spaces.

Michael

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 10:08:27 PM »
Michael, that would be terrific.  Bring the cages along if you have the room.   Thanks!

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 08:16:12 AM »
Mike     I could also bring some show pens if needed I do have a few cockerls to sell in Blue and Black LF if any one is interested in them. I do not have any females to sell at this time.

Jerry

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 04:48:03 AM »
MIke do we still need any caging in the sale area for the the birds I could bring some cooping also, just let me know.

jerry

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 06:28:09 AM »
Jerry, definitely if you have the room bring those cages along.
I\'m sure there will be ample opportunities to sell those extra birds if you have any left, and many of us don\'t have display cages.   If folks can\'t see the birds it makes it difficult to sell them.    I would like to announce that it is possible I may not be able to make the trip as I may be undergoing treatment for a  medical condition that requires surgery.   If I can hold the doctor off long enough it is still possible that Mary and I can still attend.   I\'ll let everyone know later this week when the schedule is firmed up.