Author Topic: The forum is back!  (Read 2180 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
The forum is back!
« on: February 20, 2021, 10:23:14 AM »
Good morning, everyone

The forum is now back up and running.  The reason the forum went down was due to an upgrade by godaddy (our hosting service).  They upgraded their SQL files and the version of the forum software we were on was not compatible with the newer SQL/php files.  So we had to upgrade the forum software to the latest simple machines release (2.0.18, release 2/1/21).  That is now complete.

Please note, however, that while things seem to be working fine and we trust in the complete testing done by simple machines, as someone who used to work in the software industry, I understand that it is impossible for any software developer to mimic the environment of every user out there.  So, things might get missed.

If you run into any problems/issues, please let me or Lindsay Helton know as soon as possible.

Be sure to give Lindsay kudos - she was the one that delved into the issue and after much back and forth between godaddy and smf, was able to figure out the source of the problem.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: The forum is back!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 12:43:06 PM »
Thanks Lindsay and Susan. If you were both closer I'd give you a hug! I sure missed the Forum while it was down!!!!!!
Gordon Gilliam

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 02:05:04 PM »
A huge thank you goes to Susan for her help with upgrading our software! We appreciate you Susan! :D

A big thank you also goes to the support staff member at SMF that helped me figure out the root of the issue!

Gordon, you crossed my mind while the forum was down! I knew you'd be missing it!
Joshua 24:15

kkdossey

• ABC BOD
  • Ameraucana Guru
  • Long live the blue bantam cock, whoever you are!
    • View Profile
    • Prime Time Poultry
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 06:44:48 AM »
Good job Lindsay and Susan!
Kris Dossey

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 10:12:12 AM »