Author Topic: 2006 ABC National Meet  (Read 12452 times)

philipu

2006 ABC National Meet
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 09:58:48 PM »
Quote from: John
The votes have been cast and counted (and I didn\'t vote).
The ABC 2006 National meet will be at the Bay City Poultry Club show, in Michigan.[/quote

Congratulations,
Putting on a show is no small task.
I wish I could be there, just too much travel, and the expense
of going such distances I would not be able to handle, let alone the birds.  I travel to shows at that are from 4 to 9 hours travel and that does me in.....there just aren\'t shows in Idaho, we have
two that I show at our local club and the Idaho Breeders Club, in Boise/Caldwell.  I don\'t go to the fair shows here, the birds have to be there too long and the summers are HOT....it was up in the mid 90\'s today.
Have fun and I will be keeping an eye and ear out hear about the results.
Go Ameraucana\'s.
phil
May it be a great success, and may an Ameraucana be
Show Champion.......
phil

John

2006 ABC National Meet
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 11:18:24 PM »
Phil,
I really don\'t show much.  Generally I just attend two shows each year, our local Bay City club show and wherever the ABC National is.  We have gone as far as Virginia and Iowa to attend the Nationals, but know there has to be a limit as to how far we\'ll travel to attend.  We will go to the show in MO this October.  As much as I look forward to the National each year, I don\'t get \"into\" showing like many do and don\'t do near as much as I should to groom and prepare my birds to be winners.  The most enjoyable part of this hobby is breeding for me.

philipu

2006 ABC National Meet
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2005, 01:01:09 PM »
Quote from: John
Phil,
I really don\'t show much.  Generally I just attend two shows each year, our local Bay City club show and wherever the ABC National is.  We have gone as far as Virginia and Iowa to attend the Nationals, but know there has to be a limit as to how far we\'ll travel to attend.  We will go to the show in MO this October.  As much as I look forward to the National each year, I don\'t get \"into\" showing like many do and don\'t do near as much as I should to groom and prepare my birds to be winners.  The most enjoyable part of this hobby is breeding for me.

I appreciate what you are saying here, I also let my birds be chickens, they are all let out to be chickens,  I to enjoy the
breeding, and seeing what my matings produce, I\'m getting
better at what to put on what.....
I know that the Orloff (this is not Ameraucana stuff but...)
I am going to try to produce a Bantam Orloff, can\'t find any
available here in the states.  So I\'m going to put my
Orloff Males on Bantam Buckeye Females, and see what happens.
 I do not groom my birds,unless the have been pig like and wallow in mud or such,  I do groom if the feet and legs are dirty, I usually use
a wet wipe, some Vetrx, the only birds that I will have to
groom are the whites, Langshans, and Ameraucana, but
I am thinking of letting them go....
The Buffs, Blacks, Blues, are the colors I have in the Ameraucana, but I will probably just go Buff here in the Spring.
I have my Orloffs which I will keep, no grooming needed with them.
I enjoy the shows to visit with people from around the different
areas, I would probably not make the 6 shows I am going to attend this fall, if it wasn\'t for friend, Elliott, he shows the OEGB,
and does very well.  
We will be attending the show in Montana this week in Great Falls, It\'s their State Fair.
It\'s a great hobby, just hope the government doesn\'t continue to get too involved with this hobby.
John, you do an excellent job on the breeding..you have the eye for the breed and breeding. .I am really enjoying and admiring the Buffs I got from you.
Looking forward to more.
phil

2006 ABC National Meet
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 02:33:53 PM »
Thanks for all your work John!
YE-HAAA! Nat\'l. show in MICHIGAN!!!
Hopefully I will get to meet all the ABC big wigs and see some real live show Ameraucanas!!!  :p

Mike Gilbert

2006 ABC National Meet
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2005, 07:19:31 PM »
Cute, but one of those chicks should have been an Ameaucana (with a beard).  Nice photo.

Vicky, I have not been posting the other forum because the last time I tried MSN was just asking for too much personal information, but keep up the good work over there.   I agree with Michael Muenks that the best bantam layers are blue or black, then white, then wheaten or blue-wheaten.   Actually my silver bantams lay the best year around when I can keep them from setting.  

2006 ABC National Meet
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2005, 08:21:35 PM »
Hi Mike,
There seems to be alot of problems with the msn group forums.  Several weeks ago on an msn gardening forum I\'m involved with, people were having all kinds of problems too.
You may of been involved in some \"splishing\" (online ID theft).  You should never have to give out personal information in order to sign in or post on an msn forum or any forum for that matter, other than your username and password.  You might try signing in again sometime and then stay signed in.  

Thanks much for the info on the bantams.  I may get some in the future but I am getting LF blacks from John B. this week and that is all I can to take on in 2005.
I\'m sure if I make it to the nationals in 2006 I will want everything I see there!  ;)
Oh ya and I\'m also waiting on some of those Lavenders!
Any progress being made on those?

2006 ABC National Meet
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2005, 11:46:31 PM »
Oh well....Just take lots of pictures.  That\'s way to far for me.