Author Topic: Thank You!  (Read 3269 times)

Mike Gilbert

Thank You!
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:27:59 AM »
Thanks so much to each of you who contributed to pay for the sale area at Indy.   John sent me a refund check for the entire $50 fee, so I was not out a cent on the sale area reservation.   I hope everyone that contributed was able to make good use of it and sold lots of birds.  

A special thanks to all of you who sent cards, expressed support, and offered up prayers on my behalf in connection with my recent surgery for prostate cancer.   I received an excellent report from the doctor today.   They feel they were able to remove 100 percent of the cancerous tissue, and there is only a 5 or 6 percent chance of it coming back.   Our prayers have been answered in the affirmative - Praise God!

John says he will be mailing the quarterly newsletter in a day or so, so be checking for that in your mailbox.   Wishing all of you as great a day as Mary and I are having.

Mike Gilbert

Blue Egg Acres

Thank You!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 01:40:44 PM »
We are so thankful for your good news!

Thank You!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 03:41:08 PM »
Mike,

Thanks for the report and the birds. They mentioned that they were enjoying our balmy 70\'s in November weather, I\'ll see what they have to say tomorrow for tonight weather more appropriate for North Central US is rolling in.

Mike Gilbert

Thank You!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 04:33:49 PM »
Greg,
Do you really consider Arkansas part of the North Central U.S.???    Here up in the boondocks we seldom think of anything lower than Iowa being in the N.C. region.  Or did I read that wrong?    Anyway, good luck with the L.F. Brown-reds;  you are one of very, very few people entrusted with breeding them to date.    I know you\'ll do a great job.

Thank You!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 10:13:04 PM »
Mike,

Generally Arkansas is considered in the SOUTH. Some of the guys that I was in the Navy with thought it was a foreign country. They were Yankees from New England.

We recently got out first blast of winter air, turned out to be more of a whimper but water is still freezing at night. The birds are so thankful for the warm water in the mornings. Even, Mr. Ornery has stopped flogging me and crows cheerily.

John

Thank You!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 09:20:36 AM »
Mr. Ornery

I think I\'ve met some of his relatives.

Thank You!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 04:38:06 PM »
John and Mike,

What a comfort it is to see that others have experienced irascible critters. Maybe, he was just irritated at being uprooted and sent to a foreign land, where his keeper speaks a different version of English. The lady that travelled with him laid two eggs in transit and again is laying eggs (in sub40 degree daytime, below freesing nighttime weather). Her\'s are banded and very pointed.

I am truly enjoying the care of these birds (LF Brown-Reds) and truly appreciate the opportunity bestowed on me to work with this color in this breed!

John,
Any idea how many of his relatives exist?

Greg

Suz

Thank You!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 11:28:38 PM »
Mike,

Congratulations on the wonderful news from your doctor!

Susie Winder