Author Topic: Catalogs and entry forms for 2022 ABC National and 1st Qualifying LF Splash Meet  (Read 1211 times)

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Catalog and entry forms are available for the Nebraska State Poultry Show. This Show is the location for the 2022 ABC National Meet and also the First Qualifying Meet for the LF Splash on November 19-20. You can download the catalog and entry forms at Poultry Show Central or Nebraska State Poultry Show. I will bring some Catalogs and Entry Forms to hand out at our ABC NC District Meet this Saturday October 8 at Jefferson, WI.

Don't forget the off-site Auction is still going strong, so send those bids to Lindsay.

If you can't make the show, you can bid on the offsite silent auction by sending an email to: ABCsecretaryhelton@gmail.com. On the subject line list "Silent Auction Bid". In the text of your email, include the item you wish to bid on, your bid (you may include maximum bidding), your name, email address, your phone number, and mailing address.

Here is a list of the current off-site auction items:

10 large fowl day old self blue straight run Ameraucana chicks by Paul and Angela Smith hatched March-May 2023. shipped by Priority mail. Purchaser's choice of hatch date from our scheduled hatches.

10 large fowl blue, black and splash Ameraucana chicks priority express shipping paid to be shipped Spring 2023 by Lindsay Helton

15 count large fowl Ameraucana chick variety pack priority express shipping paid to be shipped Spring 2023 by Lindsay Helton (may contain any of the following: blue, black, splash, wheaten, blue wheaten, self blue, black split to self blue)

1 dozen LF buyer choice eggs by Samantha Brown - buyer can pick any of our LF varieties next laying season
 and they pay shipping.

1 dozen buyer's choice bantams eggs by Samantha Brown - buyer can pick any of our bantam varieties next laying season not including buff bantams and they pay shipping.

1 dozen LF black Ameraucana hatching eggs buyer pays shipping for Spring 2023 by Brad Stonebarger

One dozen LF brown red Ameraucana hatching eggs buyer pays shipping for Spring 2023 by Stacy Melton

Two sets of 1 dozen Erminette Ameraucana hatching eggs shipping paid for Spring 2023 by Becky Pelton

If you are attending the show, there will also be on-site bidding and raffles going on at the show. Some of the items at the show include gift cards, LF and Bantam wood show boxes, Brinsea hi-intensity egg candler, chicken wind chime, owl wall plaques and more.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 02:50:14 PM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Great job Gordon!
Joshua 24:15

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Just a reminder, entry deadline is rapidly approaching for our 2022 ABC National Meet and the First Qualifying LF Splash Meet in Lincoln NE. Entries must be postmarked by this Friday, November 4th. We can use some more LF Splash entries to make the LF Splash a recognized variety by the APA. Don't forget to place your bid on those offsite silent auction items. If you miss that cutoff, you will have to make the show to bid on onsite auction items!
Gordon Gilliam

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
I’m mailing my entries tomorrow!
Joshua 24:15

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
  We entered 5 head today in the ABC national and first splash large fowl qualifying meet.  We will need to sell all five while at the show as we can not bring any of them back into Texas.  The Texas Animal Health Commission has forced new regulations that are impossible to meet to bring birds back.  I called them last week to see if anything had changed.  Mattie was going through the requirements, then said this is the "tricky one", meaning impossible one.  The birds must have a negative AI test within 72 hours of reentering Texas.  I ask where am I going to find a vet on Sunday morning to test the birds?  She didn't know!  I didn't bother to mention the test results are not instant like PT.  We will be selling a blue, self blue and splash young hens
(14 months old), a splash and black pullet.

Paul & Angela Smith
Paul Smith

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
What a bummer Paul. You lose birds to the Heath Commision, and I lost many of mine to raccoons. At least mine is under control. 14 trapped raccoons and no dead birds for over 2 months now and I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel! I only wish that you had a better experience with the talk with the health Commision
Gordon Gilliam

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Thanks Gordon, sorry to hear about the raccoon problem glad it's under control now.

All 5 of the Ameraucana pullets entered in the show have been sold.
Paul Smith