The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Housing, Health & Hatching

Incubator recommendation

(1/1)

Makenzie Wroten:
So I was curious what incubators are worth the $ in Yalls opinion. I have the Nuture Right 360 and it works fine. But would like a little larger capacity of eggs. I did just get the Farm Innovator's styrofoam incubator and the turning motor makes a constant running/tapping sound, and seems to vibrate the turning rails a bit. Has anyone else used this one and noticed similar issue?

What are your favorite incubators less than $300!

Thanks,
Makenzie Wroten

Lindsay Helton:
I really enjoy the Brinsea line of incubators. They can be a bit pricey but work really well.

My favorite incubator is my GQF Sportsman. I watched Craigslist for several months and was able to purchase a gently used one in great condition for much less than the cost of buying one new.

Good luck during your search.

Christina Weldon:
I have the Nurture Right 360 as well! It is kinda a bummer that it only holds 22 eggs. They really couldn't make it big enough for 24? If you're gonna go for something near $300, Brinsea has the reputation to back up their prices, but that still only puts you at around 24 eggs per set. Unfortunately the Nurture Right was my "upgrade", so I can't really help with bigger incubators. :c

Makenzie Wroten:
I appreciate the responses. I am currently looking at the GQF table top (HovaBator). Can anyone give me any insight on that incubator?

far149:
I had a Hovabator Genesis model that worked pretty well. Ended up needing more capacity however.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version