Author Topic: Incubator recommendation  (Read 1529 times)

Makenzie Wroten

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Incubator recommendation
« on: January 31, 2023, 09:25:26 AM »
So I was curious what incubators are worth the $ in Yalls opinion. I have the Nuture Right 360 and it works fine. But would like a little larger capacity of eggs. I did just get the Farm Innovator's styrofoam incubator and the turning motor makes a constant running/tapping sound, and seems to vibrate the turning rails a bit. Has anyone else used this one and noticed similar issue?

What are your favorite incubators less than $300!

Thanks,
Makenzie Wroten

Lindsay Helton

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Incubator recommendation
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 10:29:03 AM »
I really enjoy the Brinsea line of incubators. They can be a bit pricey but work really well.

My favorite incubator is my GQF Sportsman. I watched Craigslist for several months and was able to purchase a gently used one in great condition for much less than the cost of buying one new.

Good luck during your search.

Christina Weldon

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 07:00:10 PM »
I have the Nurture Right 360 as well! It is kinda a bummer that it only holds 22 eggs. They really couldn't make it big enough for 24? If you're gonna go for something near $300, Brinsea has the reputation to back up their prices, but that still only puts you at around 24 eggs per set. Unfortunately the Nurture Right was my "upgrade", so I can't really help with bigger incubators. :c

Makenzie Wroten

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 08:58:53 PM »
I appreciate the responses. I am currently looking at the GQF table top (HovaBator). Can anyone give me any insight on that incubator?

far149

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 12:06:06 PM »
I had a Hovabator Genesis model that worked pretty well. Ended up needing more capacity however.
Aaron
Rhoton Hill Farms