Author Topic: hatching eggs  (Read 2797 times)

hatching eggs
« on: January 08, 2007, 08:04:03 PM »
I would like to purchase ameraucauna brown red large fowl hatching eggs. Do any of you sell or know where I can buy them? I have spent hours on the net searching for them. My son asked for an incubator for Christmas and wants these breed to raise. We have a rooster we got shipped to us mixed with our white rocks and he is just beautiful. My son loves the idea of his chickens laying blue eggs

Thanks

Mike Gilbert

hatching eggs
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 09:45:12 PM »
You are probably asking for the rarest of the rare.   I have been attempting to breed them for years, and at this point know of only about four people, including myself, that have them.    I have too few hens to take a chance on shipping eggs.   With luck, there may be some stock to share late next summer.   That being said, good luck in your quest, and let us know if you have any luck.   Sorry I can\'t help at the present time.

hatching eggs
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 11:43:38 AM »
Thank you Mike! I knew it was a rare bread when I could not find anything anywhere. :( We settled on buying some silver duckwing eggs. Is there any way for me to contact the people you know?

Please do keep me in mind when you are willing to sell some of your eggs. We live in PA.

Mike Gilbert

hatching eggs
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 07:25:20 PM »
Check the breeders directory link under the FAQ link on the Home Page.    I believe all but one of the four are listed there, and the fourth has just acquired stock from me in the past couple of months.