Author Topic: Ameraucana Chicks for sale $6 each  (Read 6295 times)

Ameraucana Chicks for sale $6 each
« on: April 05, 2007, 03:28:19 PM »
 am selling Ameraucana chicks.  I ordered them fromMcMurray andthey will be 2 weeks tomorrow(Friday)I will be taking  a trip to West Lafayette, Indiana from Near Philadelphia, Pa on April 9-12 to take some to my sister.  As a promise to my husband, I am only keeping 4 of the 27 female chicks I bought, so must find homes for the others. They were a week old on the March 30th.  I will be driving through PA,Ohio and Indiana so anyone along the way- I can stop for you along the way to.  Also on April 5, I will be driving to Willow Grove, Pa to give someone from New Jersey 4 chicks, so anyone in that area....keep it in mind.

Thanks, Jodi

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 05:21:52 PM »
Jodi,

You might find that most of the members of the board will not be interested in chicks from McMurray Hatchery as they are Easter Eggers and not purebred Ameraucanas.

They should be great layers and you should have no problem finding them homes.

Jean
Jean

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 07:17:58 PM »
hmmmm.  So where do you get real Ameraucanas?

John

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »
No commercial hatcheries, that I\'m aware of, sell Ameraucana or Araucana chickens.
Most people that buy exhibition fowl, of any type, buy from breeders...not commercial hatcheries.  The birds that the hatcheries sell are normally fine for barnyard chickens and some breeds are great layers or meat birds.  Some breeds offered are even OK for youth to use for Showmanship competition.
The breed clubs that represent the different recognized breeds can generally help their members find quality birds.  Our club\'s website has a link, on the FAQ page, to a Breeders Directory.  That would be a good place to start.  Normally the best place to buy quality Ameraucanas is at one of our National Meets.  

FYI, I got a call today from a lady, here in Michigan that said she bought 25 \"Ameraucana\" chicks from Ideal Poultry out of TX and plans to keep some of the pullets for layers and sell the rest of the Easter Eggers at a swap meet in Imlay City on the 21st.  She said the chicks don\'t look like any recognized variety.  She is also buying real Ameraucana day old chicks from two ABC members this spring.

titansrunfarm

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 06:21:08 PM »
jimagination, you get them from someone here!  ;)

grisaboy

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 05:04:19 PM »
Jodi,

The Gateway Poultry Club is having a show in Bloomington, IN on April 14.  I know this is outside your scheduled travel window, but you might find it interesting.  I don\'t know how many Ameraucanas will be there, probably not very many, but I will be showing a few black Ameraucana bantams.  I expect someone will have a couple large fowl as well. I don\'t know if anyone will have any for sale, but you never know.  Poultry shows are great for finding poultry breeders with exhibition stock. Every breeder I know eventually has stock available.

Curtis

grisaboy

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 05:08:46 PM »
I forgot to mention that for 5 bucks they will let you sell birds in the parking lot.  People are always looking for blue/green egg layers even if they are not exhibition quality.   Advertise them as Easter Eggers so no one is mis-led.

Curtis