Author Topic: Backyard poultry magazine  (Read 2614 times)

Backyard poultry magazine
« on: May 28, 2007, 07:47:05 AM »
John, i wanted to mention that i thought your article was just awesome in the mag.

I thought the same for Alan Stanford on his article on the araucana..

Charlie

John

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 08:32:55 PM »
Thanks, Charlie.  I\'m just an ole chicken farmer and do the best I can writing.  I think it was nice they had Allen write an article on Araucanas and put the two back to back, since both breeds share some history and are often confused and thought of as one breed by many.  The folks at the magazine emailed the finished article to me and are sending some complimentary copies of the magazine.  They have about 40,000 subscribers, as I understand, and they said TSC carries it also.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 07:19:34 PM »
John im one of those subscribers, love the magazine..Lots of help tips in there..Plus when you guys write stuff and put it in, makes it a whole lot better.

Look forward to maybe seeing more in there from you..

Charlie

John

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:51:24 PM »
I am still waiting to get my copy in the mail. :(  
While checking out Backyard Poultry\'s website I found the articles there.  Allen\'s on Araucanas and mine on Ameraucanas are near the bottom of the page.
http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/current.html

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 09:19:11 PM »
I read them both online.   Both are great articles, complete with photos.    Good work John.    I also know the writer of the Araucana article, as we used to show together when Al Stanford lived here in Wisconsin.